GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Evolution VI"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/08/01 at 20:34
Regular
I recently brought an Evolution VI RS on GT3 to help me progress in GT Mode. I've won a few races at the lower levels but i want to progress onto the more rewarding races. The problem is that it goes through the gears ok until it reaches a top speed but then dies away for a second and then returns to the top speed. I find myself getting overtaken on the straights as i keep slowing down. Any ideas on how to fix the problem?
Fri 17/08/01 at 22:14
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
jd99 wrote:
> Anyone reached 400KM/H yet.

Yeah I got about 470 out of the Escudo Pike.
Wed 15/08/01 at 18:26
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
blimeyoreilly wrote:
>go for the fully adjustable gearbox, and adjust it to get >a good top speed. Close ratios good for acceleration, wide >are good for top speed.

Yep this is the best option to go for, it usually costs about 10500 credits but well worth it. One point I will make is that make sure you also but the lower spec gearbox before hand. Yesterday I was having trouble with a fairly good souped up car but just not getting any top speed.

Went to the tune up section and realised I hadn't bought a customisable gearbox, purchased and went to the race but thought I'd change the settings first, no can do!! Most unhappy, finally concluded that I had to go and purchase a sports gearbox and then everything was ok.

Also, once you've got your custom gearbox installed, take it for a couple of runs down the test course to see the top speed of the car and make changes (usually to the automatic settings) gradually up the scale. Each increment usually accounts for about 10 mile...sorry Kph of speed!
Wed 15/08/01 at 09:24
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
Anyone reached 400KM/H yet.

Its a pretty good feeling.

Soup up really good car, say a skyline set the gear ratio as long as it will go and race on test course. Don't start immediately and let the pack race ahead, if you get the timing correct you will catch up with them just as you hit the start/finish and will be travelling around 330KM/H anyway. Slipstream all the cars and watch in wonder.

Havn't done this on GT3 yet but its possible on GT2 so it should be on GT3 as well.

Mouldy banana to anyone who can do this. :D
Wed 15/08/01 at 02:16
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Ideally you need it so the needle peaks at the top gear at the fastest point in the race. You need a few trial runs to get this right. Unfortunately, Polyphony Digital haven't provided a numbered graph this time so it's harder to tune it. Barstewards.
Tue 14/08/01 at 23:44
Regular
its mimicking a rev limiter. you accelerate, the revs reach a point the engine designer thionks is toooo high, and the engine management backs off the throttle, causing the 'slow down'.

go for the fully adjustable gearbox, and adjust it to get a good top speed. Close ratios good for acceleration, wide are good for top speed.
Tue 14/08/01 at 23:26
Regular
"360: swfcman"
This slow down is very annoying though, especially the noise when on long straights as on the test course.
Tue 14/08/01 at 23:01
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Oh yeah I forgot to mention, the slowing down is normal. When you reach the top speed of the car it drops a few KMH then it goes back up. It does this with every car, it also did it in previous GT games.
Tue 14/08/01 at 22:55
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Its all in the gearing. Buy the best gears. The other gears are short gears which means good acceleration but rubbish top speed. The best gears can be fully customised so for Test course you put it to a high setting and then for other courses you would lower it to give better acceleration.

I normally use the 25 setting which gives me about a 245 KMH top speed which usually is enough to keep the A.I at bay plus it gives good acceleration. When highering the setting be carefull not to go to high or the car may not have the BHP to get into the next gear and wont go any where. Another thing for speed on the Test course is to lover the downforce to the minimum as this can have effects of 20+ KMH.
Tue 14/08/01 at 20:39
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Yeah I got a same problem with my MX-5.It just keeps slowing down on the Test Circuit.I would like to know what to do as well
Tue 14/08/01 at 20:34
I recently brought an Evolution VI RS on GT3 to help me progress in GT Mode. I've won a few races at the lower levels but i want to progress onto the more rewarding races. The problem is that it goes through the gears ok until it reaches a top speed but then dies away for a second and then returns to the top speed. I find myself getting overtaken on the straights as i keep slowing down. Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.