GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/08/01 at 19:41
Regular
Who has seen these films? What did you think?

I loved both of these films, I saw them at an early age and have recently purchased a dvd of The Dark Crystal, watching it at 3:00am today I loved every minute!

Its such a special film...

..both of these films are special.

I just have one question. Why aren't Special Reserve selling them?

:)
Tue 14/08/01 at 19:41
Regular
"everyone says it"
Who has seen these films? What did you think?

I loved both of these films, I saw them at an early age and have recently purchased a dvd of The Dark Crystal, watching it at 3:00am today I loved every minute!

Its such a special film...

..both of these films are special.

I just have one question. Why aren't Special Reserve selling them?

:)
Tue 14/08/01 at 20:37
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Oh yes, I have seen them and they are both indeed superb.

You remind me of the babe
(What babe?)
The babe with the power
(What power?)
The power of voodoo
(Who-doo?)
You do
(Do what?)
Remind me of the babe

Okay so it's not Shakespeare when put like that but it will mean something to those who have seen Labyrinth.

I'd say The Dark Crystal was the better film of the two although I personally prefer Labyrinth just because it's more fun, but that's just me. Either way both of them are among my top films of all time. I posted a rambling topic about The Dark Crystal a while ago which went on and on about how much I loved it. I daren't even think about doing to same for Labyrinth!

Did you but them on DVD or as that 2-pack tape thing? Both the DVDs come with hour-long making of documentaries which make for excellent viewing. Not that the films alone aren't worth the asking price.
Tue 14/08/01 at 20:39
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
SmokedKipper wrote:
Did you but them on DVD or as that
> 2-pack tape thing?

Ooops, you already said. Just shows how lazy my eyes are and how I rushed reading it just to speed up my reply.
Tue 14/08/01 at 21:09
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
Labyrinth. You mean that film with David Bowie, that freaked me out properly, I was well scared of him but then again I was only about 6.

Somehow I don't remember that film being good or maybe I am thinking of a totally different film.

Ugh David Bowie

*shivers and curls up in corner*
Tue 14/08/01 at 23:12
I like Labyrinth, although it did freak me out a bit. I have a friend that really loves it though, it'sa ll she goes on about if we walk down a snicket!
Wed 15/08/01 at 01:36
Regular
THEY ARE CLASSICS! jim henson you genius you
i havent seen the dark crystal in ages but labrynth was on*cringe* nickelodeon
Wed 15/08/01 at 12:48
"possibly impossible"
Yep, got both on DVD too. Well worth having for the documentary, and the films are both fantastic.

Now what I'm waiting for is the Muppet Movie on DVD.

Why do they always
sing songs about rainbows,
and what's on the other side?

Classic.
Wed 15/08/01 at 13:58
Regular
"everyone says it"
pb... where did you buy them on DVD?
Wed 15/08/01 at 15:31
Regular
"Twenty quid."
They are both good films from my youth. I saw the Dark Crystal in the cinema when I was much younger and nearly knocked myself out bashing the back of my head on the cinema seat when that furball thing appeared from the hole!
Wed 15/08/01 at 16:45
"possibly impossible"
er-no wrote:
> pb... where did you buy them on DVD?

A shop. No, really. They came from my local market, which allows me to trade videos for DVDs. They should be on most other internet shop sites, but I won't mention them here for obvious reasons. I'll be on MSN later (after 6pm) anyway, in case you're there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.