GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"really pop-ups how tO stop them"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/02/04 at 10:27
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
if you have a newish sort of windows and you keep getting pop-ups heres how to get rid of them for free without even downloading anything. all you have to do is turn it off!!
do these instructions:

click START->RUN-> and type SERVICES.MSC-> scroll down and click MESSENGER
in the drop-down were it says automatic select MANUAL or DISABLED then click STOP

and its done you wont receive them annoying messenger service pop-ups again

i thought i had to tell everyone before they boaght there software
Sun 01/02/04 at 10:27
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
if you have a newish sort of windows and you keep getting pop-ups heres how to get rid of them for free without even downloading anything. all you have to do is turn it off!!
do these instructions:

click START->RUN-> and type SERVICES.MSC-> scroll down and click MESSENGER
in the drop-down were it says automatic select MANUAL or DISABLED then click STOP

and its done you wont receive them annoying messenger service pop-ups again

i thought i had to tell everyone before they boaght there software
Sun 01/02/04 at 12:39
Regular
"tokyo police club"
You stole this from me.
Sun 01/02/04 at 12:40
Regular
"don't do crack"
does that work with all internet providers?
Fri 06/02/04 at 22:02
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
it works on all internet service providers unless its internet browser based
Fri 06/02/04 at 22:03
Regular
"Teal'c"
Not many people are stupid enough to have "boaght" their software. The wise man downloads it from KaZaa.
Fri 06/02/04 at 22:24
Regular
I don't even get geocities adverts if I view a geocities page.

However, the popups that are being referred to, and blocked by the instructions in the original message only block a certain type of pop-up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.