GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Ballad of the Wind Fish"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening'.
Mon 02/02/04 at 20:19
Regular
For the last half hour I have been whistling the tune to myself. Haven't played Link's Awakening for around two years now!

Crazy!
Tue 03/02/04 at 20:12
Regular
I still consider A Link to the Past my favourite Zelda game, however Link's Awakening is a classic - one of my favourite Game Boy games of all time.

Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land still rates as me favourite platformer on the handheld series of consoles, even though some of the best NES and SNES games are now out on GBA.
Tue 03/02/04 at 17:21
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
not really, odds are that the pokemon series is seen as a primarily "children's" series of games....and parents will need to know that it is very text based before buying it for their young kids.
Tue 03/02/04 at 16:44
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Heh. Wario Ware is pure class, I just hope the GC version gets it's release over her so I don't have to fiddle around importing.

Talking about reading abilities, you ever seen the back of the Pokémon R/S boxes? "Basic reading ability needed to fully enjoy this game". A tad patronising of gamers I'd say. :)
Tue 03/02/04 at 16:33
Regular
All classics...

Wario Ware I really wanna play my Girlfriend was trying to tell me about this game with loads of short mini-games called Warrior world on the GBA...

Maybe someone should teach her how to read :P
Tue 03/02/04 at 16:31
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Me too.. *sniff*

I'd rate it as my favourite handheld game ever.. with Pokémon, Wario Ware and Super Mario Land 1 & 2, not too far behind.
Tue 03/02/04 at 16:27
Regular
Never play LTTP very much...

But I fell in love with that little GB gem.
Tue 03/02/04 at 16:24
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> It was a fantastic game though... my favourite 2D Zelda anyway.

Agreed. Much better in my opinion than LttP. I have very fond memories of it, as it was one of my first games ever, and I played it to death. And then again when the "DX" version came out.
Tue 03/02/04 at 15:45
Regular
It was a fantastic game though... my favourite 2D Zelda anyway.
Tue 03/02/04 at 01:49
Regular
It ended up depressing me.

Everyone you'd met in the dream weren't real and just disapeared! :'(

The most depressing Zelda song, though, is definately the song of healing from Majora's Mask. Especially most of the scenes it was used in (usually involving the last dying breath of a character...).
Mon 02/02/04 at 21:04
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
hey, its a great ballad!...i loved hearing that at the end of the game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.