GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Exam Results?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/08/01 at 11:07
Regular
I remember awaiting my A level results, I know how distressing it can be.
I don't remember taking the exams (out of my tree on painkillers and morphine from my car accident), but I do remember the agony of awaiting the results.

I aced my GCSEs and was predicted A+B for A Level in Film Studies, English Literature and English Law.

Had my smash and stuff, took my A levels both in hospital and at college, in a seperate room with 6hrs allowed for each exam, with as many breaks as I needed.

And instead of my predicted A-B results, I got C in English, C is Film and U in Law.
I spelt my name wrong on 3 of the exam papers and have absolutely no recollection of even sitting them, sentences were half-finished and apparently I passed out during my Law.

I didn't go to University in Sterling as I was supposed to, studying civil liberty law, my grades were not good enough.

And you know what the funny thing is?
It didn't matter.

Had I gone to University, had I got the grades I was supposed to?
I wouldn't be here now. I wouldn't be in a band I love, I wouldn't be with my girlfriend, I wouldnt be typing on these forums instead of working.

I was crushed when I got my results, 11 years of schooling down the pan because of a bloody car smash and crap A level results.

But, it didn't matter.
So I didnt go to University, big deal.

I'm here now, living my life and I couldn't be happier.

So, if you didn't get the results you wanted? It doesn't matter,you tried your best and those results are just your performance on one afternoon.

Maybe you were ill, maybe you had hayfever, maybe you were so out of your face on painkillers you dont even remember taking the exams.

Point is, those results don't matter in the greater scheme of things.
I'm not belittling those that got the grades they wanted - you guys worked hard and you should be proud.

I'm saying, to those that didnt get what they wanted and now feel stupid or depressed: Don't. That just wasn't your day, no big deal.

There are resits etc, but you can also relish the fact that you are here, the sun is out and when it comes down to it, life is the biggest and only real test.
And you're already passing that one.
Tue 14/08/01 at 11:07
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I remember awaiting my A level results, I know how distressing it can be.
I don't remember taking the exams (out of my tree on painkillers and morphine from my car accident), but I do remember the agony of awaiting the results.

I aced my GCSEs and was predicted A+B for A Level in Film Studies, English Literature and English Law.

Had my smash and stuff, took my A levels both in hospital and at college, in a seperate room with 6hrs allowed for each exam, with as many breaks as I needed.

And instead of my predicted A-B results, I got C in English, C is Film and U in Law.
I spelt my name wrong on 3 of the exam papers and have absolutely no recollection of even sitting them, sentences were half-finished and apparently I passed out during my Law.

I didn't go to University in Sterling as I was supposed to, studying civil liberty law, my grades were not good enough.

And you know what the funny thing is?
It didn't matter.

Had I gone to University, had I got the grades I was supposed to?
I wouldn't be here now. I wouldn't be in a band I love, I wouldn't be with my girlfriend, I wouldnt be typing on these forums instead of working.

I was crushed when I got my results, 11 years of schooling down the pan because of a bloody car smash and crap A level results.

But, it didn't matter.
So I didnt go to University, big deal.

I'm here now, living my life and I couldn't be happier.

So, if you didn't get the results you wanted? It doesn't matter,you tried your best and those results are just your performance on one afternoon.

Maybe you were ill, maybe you had hayfever, maybe you were so out of your face on painkillers you dont even remember taking the exams.

Point is, those results don't matter in the greater scheme of things.
I'm not belittling those that got the grades they wanted - you guys worked hard and you should be proud.

I'm saying, to those that didnt get what they wanted and now feel stupid or depressed: Don't. That just wasn't your day, no big deal.

There are resits etc, but you can also relish the fact that you are here, the sun is out and when it comes down to it, life is the biggest and only real test.
And you're already passing that one.
Tue 14/08/01 at 11:20
Regular
"<];o)"
Take Goatboys advice anyone recieving their results, I know I would if I was.

(;o|
Tue 14/08/01 at 11:39
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Ah too bad I did better than I thought ;)

Lovely words again Goaty!
Tue 14/08/01 at 12:49
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I remember my O Level results....

*FM drifts back to 1983...*

Mathematics 'A'*
English Language 'A'*
French Language 'A'*
English Literature 'A'
Geography 'A'
History 'A'
Biology 'A'
Music 'A'
Latin 'A'
Chemistry 'A'
Physics 'A'
Religious Studies 'A'

I remember my A Level results....

*FM drifts back to 1985...*

Mathematics 'A'
Computer Science 'A'
Physics 'A'

I remember going out to celebrate....

and the rest is a complete blur.
Tue 14/08/01 at 12:52
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah, like a brainiac like you would get drunk.

I bet you ran back and played dungeons and dragons or something.

Hey, that's cool, being a pointdexter is cool too.

Ask Stephen Hawkins

Snootch
Tue 14/08/01 at 12:54
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I was taking it easy too :P
Tue 14/08/01 at 13:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
heh

Fair enough.
Tue 14/08/01 at 13:09
Regular
"not dead"
It took me 5 years to pick up my GCSE certificates.

I got the results when I should have done, on those crappy slips of paper, and was supposed to go pick up proper certificates on some presentation evening, but it clashed with a 6th form trip to Stratford Upon Avon, to see a play.

And the school wouldn't send me my certificates.

Until one day I wandered in there with my wife, who had to pick up a shcool uniform for her step sister at the time, and the woman on reception recognised me, and went and fetched my certificates.

That's how important they are.

Mind you, I did have to display them to get my current job....
Tue 14/08/01 at 13:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Really?

A nurse uniform for her step-sister?
Tue 14/08/01 at 13:18
Regular
"not dead"
Goatboy wrote:
> Really?

> A nurse uniform for her step-sister?

No, a school uniform.

And she had the biggest head I've ever seen on a child.

Like some kind of deformed pumpkin thing it was.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.