GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"whos the best on prince of persia"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'prince of persia'.
Wed 04/02/04 at 18:06
Regular
"reebok"
im reebok and whose got cheats for prince of persia email me at [email protected]
and hope that you know the cheats also if you got grand theft auto 3 tell me cheats on that aswell
lov reebok
Mon 09/02/04 at 18:46
"period drama"
I tried that cheat out - pretty funky.
Can you actually complete the level though? I saw the photo, but the actual levels just goes around in a circle - then you end up back at the beginning again.
Fri 06/02/04 at 18:43
"period drama"
Yeah, that'd be okay - nothing too special : P
Fri 06/02/04 at 01:05
Regular
Sorry, hope it doesn't make you feel less special, but I also went there. Probably the toughest one to find though.

I agree with you on the checklist thing though - something like the GT3 arcade mode with a nice menu showing you all the completed races and difficulty levels. Perhaps empty blocks on the lifeline to show how many are left (a little less straightforward as you still don't know where you missed one).

I look forward to trying out games developed by you! When and where will this be? Konami 2010? Polyphony 2012?
Thu 05/02/04 at 18:57
"period drama"
ssxpro wrote:
> As for the prequel game, I only unlocked it using a cheat code
> unfortunately. You could be right though about those fountain things,
> but its hard to imagine there being more. I mean, the ones I found
> seemed completely obvious, and there must have been 10 or so, so I
> really don't know.

That's the thing - you never know if you've got them all.
When I'm designing games, they'll all have a checklist in them : P

Did you get the one right after you get the final sword (after you've lost the sands). It's under the first sticky-out bit you come to after leaving the mirror room.
I only say because I was really chuffed to find it there - make me feel all special inside : )
Thu 05/02/04 at 18:54
"period drama"
To be more precise:

(again, apparently) - after you get the 1st sword upgrade and you smash through the first wall into the older palace. (When Farah says something about the new palace being built upon an even older one). You go through that room, until you get to one of thos switches you drag around.

Right behind the switch is a wall - although it doesn't look like one of the walls you can break - hit it with the swords a few times, it breaks open, you unlock the game.

Ta-daaa!
Like you say - I'll probably do it sometimes in the future. One boring Sunday afternoon, no doubt.
Thu 05/02/04 at 18:34
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Oh, so apparently you have to break down a wall just after you get
> your 1st sword upgrade to get the original game.

Really? Cool! As you say though, might not be trying that tonight, but some day, in the distant future :D

Thanks for the tip!
Thu 05/02/04 at 18:33
Regular
Good stuff, sounds like we have a very similar opinion of the game!

As for the prequel game, I only unlocked it using a cheat code unfortunately. You could be right though about those fountain things, but its hard to imagine there being more. I mean, the ones I found seemed completely obvious, and there must have been 10 or so, so I really don't know.

I'll keep an eye out for a guide in my PSM2 magazine. Having just finished exams, I haven't been keeping up with the reading, so will have to get back to it - particularly as they keep sending free copies of OPS2M and now some film magazine as well. I'm about five magazines behind!
Thu 05/02/04 at 18:32
"period drama"
Oh, so apparently you have to break down a wall just after you get your 1st sword upgrade to get the original game.
I'll probably do it ... one day.
Thu 05/02/04 at 18:25
"period drama"
*Tips hat*
Evenin' guvnor.

The end boss was a little (nay, very) easy. Stupidly so.
I had more problems with the combat than the puzzles - fighting wave after endless wave of baddies got pretty boring. Fighting less people, more often would have fitted in better.

The only puzzle that stumped me is in the library, right near the end of the puzzle. You just have to swap 2 of the mirrors around to make the beam go the other way - I was running around for ages looking for a more complicated solution : P

I also loved the dialogue in there. Kinda stood out, eh? Just the automatic conversations between the two, then Princey talking to himself were amusing.
Plus, if you got a little stuck, she gives you hints from across the room, which I really liked.

I died loads near the end, without the sands. It shows how bloody annoying the game would be without them (although, probably about twice as long : )).

'Tis is very good game, despite the length - beautiful and well-polished. I loved trying to string as many moves together in one sequence - it all flowed together nicely.

Thing is - I never unlocked the original game when I completed it. Did you? I was thinking you have to get all the life-extention fountains, as I'm sure I missed a few.
Wed 04/02/04 at 23:27
Regular
Hey ho FFF!

It was a little easier than I'd expected, after reading that there were "tough" puzzles in the game, but it was certainly still an excellent purchase I feel.

There was one bit quite near the end, when you have no sands of time, and you have to swing on a bar that rocks as you rotate. That caught me out for a while. It took time before I tried swinging from the very end of the thing. Stupide moi! Apart from that though, as you say, not too much of a challenge.

I loved the game's sense of humour though. The Prince making fun of everything as he went along, in particular his new found lady friend. Certainly had me laughing on a few occasions!

Shame about the bad guy at the end, not much of a fight really. Very much a pattern dominated encounter. Ah well, can't have everything.

Onto the cheats. I've only seen one, and it was actually quite good. Can't remember what the code was, but its bound to be on the net somewhere. It allowed you to play an oldstyle Prince of Persia game, where basically you are still 3-D, but you progress through an essentially 2-D level. I didn't get very far, but was interested to see the big photo of the production team. Clever little easter egg!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.