GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sega GT Online"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Sega GT'.
Thu 05/02/04 at 15:04
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
It's had mixed reviews but anyone here planning on getting it tomorrow ?
I didn't get the original GT 2002 so am looking forward to whipping some ass*s online over the weekend.

By the way gameplay.com had it priced up wrongly on their website for 4.99 instead of 24.99 for three weeks - and they honoured the price, but no one told me until today and now it's too late :(

So if your going on Live with this soon, post your gamertag please - so I know who I beating
Fri 13/02/04 at 15:22
Regular
"8==="
I read IGN's review, the reviewer seemed to loathe it but he wrote like a retarded child so I took the review with a big pinch of salt. When it goes into a buy 2 for 26 quid deal as it inevitably will then I'll get it.

25 quid's a bit much as I already have PGR2 and Midnight Club. Also the americans are only paying 20 dollars for their copies.
Fri 13/02/04 at 15:15
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
late answer;

I really enjoy the game, got upto 687th in the world ranking last night :) feels like two games, you can tell the Online part is just bolted onto the original game, it's not to everyones liking and isn't good enough to lick PGR2's boots but gives Racing Evolution a run for it's money.
Mon 09/02/04 at 11:40
Regular
That sounds a little bad. How's the game play anyway?

I really should stop getting interested in games - I got too many to get through as it is!
Mon 09/02/04 at 10:54
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Anyone picked this up ? It's a bit of a nightmare to connect to a game online unless your racing against/can invite "friends", the interface is nowhere near as user friendly as PGR2, basically if a race is in progress (there's no way of telling) there is no lobby and you get thrown back to the menu to search again (and again and again). Only managed about 3 races in 15 attempts.
Fri 06/02/04 at 15:02
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
my copy is in my sweaty palms, should be playing by about 10 tonight, will let you know first impressions.
Fri 06/02/04 at 13:26
Regular
I came across this game in Gamestation today. I have to admit - I almost bought it. the graphis *look* to have been done up and again, there is the idea of placing cars and parts as bets.

I reckon this could be in my game collection. Just not yet.
Thu 05/02/04 at 20:15
"slightlyshortertagl"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> So if your going on Live with this soon, post your gamertag please -
> so I know who I beating

www.SR-live.co.uk

tut tut tut :-)
Thu 05/02/04 at 20:08
Regular
"Remember me?"
The difference being that I got into PGR2 in a big way, whereas SEGA GT smells.
Thu 05/02/04 at 19:42
Regular
Dark Mark™ wrote:
> SEGA GT 2002 sucks willy,

That is what you (and I admittedly) said about Project Gotham 2 originally.
Thu 05/02/04 at 18:01
"I love yo... lamp."
First of all, just check the SR Live definative thread thingy.

Secondly, I might get it in time. I liked the first one, as a serious racer in a Gran Turismo style it was great, but lacked courses. This should be an improvement.

Whilst I love PGR and PGR2, sometimes I just want to max out a bubble car or something.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.