GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AJ has CDS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Conflict Desert Storm 2'.
Thu 05/02/04 at 20:44
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
It = fantabulous.

That is all.
Thu 05/02/04 at 20:44
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
It = fantabulous.

That is all.
Thu 05/02/04 at 21:24
"possibly impossible"
Clash of the Dark Squids?

Class of Dumb Saps?

Clever Diagnostic System?

Clever Deviant Syndrome?
Thu 05/02/04 at 21:28
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Or Conflict Desert Storm.

:-)
Thu 05/02/04 at 21:29
Regular
"She's a dog!"
What improvements from the first one?
Thu 05/02/04 at 21:36
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
All of the accents have been exaggerated so much. Bradley is like 'London accent extreme 2.7', Foley is Irish/Scottish/Nepalese, Connors is the usual "ooooh errr T64 oup aheeeeeead" and Jones is the John Barnes of the Conflict world. "Theareaisfullofinfantry. Standdownquickly."

Anyway. Actual gaming stuff.

Most levels are set in the dark, and also in the city. Which although sounds quite bad, is actually an improvement. The cities have lots of tactical hiding places and loads more buildings can be entered so rooftop access for Foley is much better. And there are also lots of shutters in buildings now, so you can see out, but the enemy can't see in. Useful as there are loads and loads of tanks.

The night levels, of which there have been many so far, are lighter than they were in the previous game. Which helps visibility. As the night goggles are crap and blurry.

Although there are only 12 missions, there's a lot more to do. Well, there has been so far anyway. Instead of the usual 2 or 3 objectives per mission, now there are 5 or 6, and you get new missions as the game progresses, which is a new feature.

Oh, and the rolling technique you can perform from a lying down position is fantastic. It's hilarious watching Connors roll up a flight of stairs. Yes.
Thu 05/02/04 at 21:39
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Oh, and when it says you're meant to infiltrate bases, you ARE meant to actually infiltrate them properly. Even on Easy, you'll be taken down if you decide hiding and picking off is boring in comparison to running in with Connors' heavy rifle, mowing down all in sight.

So be careful, and take your time. It's one of the features which keeps the game's longevity levels satisfactory as well. Although there really should have been more than 12 missions. I'll have completed it by Saturday.

However, the harder difficulty settings should be a lot more challenging. Which is good.
Thu 05/02/04 at 21:41
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Sounds good. Is there a level like plateau in this one? That was amazing in CDS.
Thu 05/02/04 at 21:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Was that the defensive level? That rocked so much.

Hooo... SR should be sending me this tommorrow...but then again it hasn't updated the GAD list, so I hope so.
Thu 05/02/04 at 21:48
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Cyclone wrote:
> Was that the defensive level? That rocked so much.

Yes it was. Playing that 4 player was amazing. It was too easy though. Should have lasted for about 10 minutes longer.
Thu 05/02/04 at 22:10
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
That was called 'Crash & Burn' in the original.

There is one in this game. Called 'Beseiged', and in this one you have to follow a path through the sewers killing Iraqis on the way before you come to a bit where you have to rescue your American comrades. You do a lot of stuff involving them.

Anyway, before they can be rescued, you have to hold off your newly acquired fort. There are loads of gun emplacements peeking out of windows and about 6 rockets littered around the base, as there are a lot of tanks involved. And it's based in a sandstrom. With loads of buildings surrounding yours, usually much bigger. So there are snipers aplenty as well.

I racked up over 60 kills with Bradley in this one. And I usually only get about 25. It's great for stats, provided the tanks don't get you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.