GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tamagotchi returns!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Tamagotchi'.
Thu 05/02/04 at 22:34
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Taken from www.bbc.co.uk

"
Bandai, the Japanese toy firm behind the egg-shaped plastic toy, has said it plans to relaunch the Tamagotchi robot next month.

But the new Tamagotchi's habits will be more grown up than the original version; it will be able to go on dates, marry and have babies.

The original pocket sized Tamagotchi toys won hearts by beeping to demand regular attention from their owners.

But their demands for affection were more limited, focused largely on food and drink.

Tamagotchis that did not receive enough love died, shutting down their screens.

The new Tamagotchi Plus will be able to mingle, chat and date with other Tamagotchis using infrared portals, according to its makers, Bandai.

Tamagotchi was first launched in 1996 and had sold 40 million units within a couple of years.

Tamagotchi Plus will go on sale on 2 March priced at 1,980 yen ($19).

Bandai's other products include Power Rangers dolls and Hello Kitty games.
"

Woo! I can't wait. hehe, still got my original one somewhere. Think it's back in its original packaging back home tho. Can't wait for the new one. Wonder if next month is a release in Japan, and if so, wonder when we'll finally get em!

:D
Fri 06/02/04 at 18:19
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Market stuff often rules
Fri 06/02/04 at 17:38
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Gotta luv the dodgy stuff you can buy on some market stalls tho!

:)
Fri 06/02/04 at 17:22
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I had a star wars virtual pet, it was R2-D2.

The instructions were in Japanese though, damn market stall.
Fri 06/02/04 at 13:54
Regular
I hated them. HATED them.
Fri 06/02/04 at 12:26
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Loquacious Duck wrote:
> So I don't think I'll get another one

You know you will!

:P
Fri 06/02/04 at 11:04
Regular
Heh. After the first time round I couldn't be bothered with it, so annoying.. ALL THE TIME ¦^)

So I don't think I'll get another one
Fri 06/02/04 at 10:37
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Ahh Tamagotchi. I still remember buying my one a few weeks before they became a massive craze, and letting it take over my life for ages.

I've had a good record down the years with predicting the next big toys/crazes; I remember buying Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles in Toys R Us many years ago, then a few weeks later people were literally fighting to get them, then there was Pokemon, I (like many other game fans) played through the original waaaay before they became the massive hit we know today. I was at the beginning of the burgeoning dvd market before they were widely known, a fledgling market that became truly massive.

So, my prediction for the next big craze in this country: Ultimate Muscle. Expect the cartoon series, toys, video games, collectable card games, the whole works...
Fri 06/02/04 at 06:55
Regular
Bloody tamagotchi's - I got sick of mine and stuffed it in the cupboard, only for it to continue beeping for what seemed like weeks!

I won't be getting the new one - but I'll still be annoyed by everyone elses! :S
Thu 05/02/04 at 23:34
Regular
"tokyo police club"
TAM-O-GOTCHI!
Thu 05/02/04 at 23:26
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
lol, yer I can't wait now, hurry up and bring it out Bandai!

Anyways, I'm off to bed now, more remenising tomorrow!

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.