GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mafia?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mafia'.
Fri 06/02/04 at 19:17
Regular
Right.

Now Mafia for Xbox and PS2 were both due out last week, but for some reason, only the PS2 version came out. So, the release date gets pushed back to today aparently, but again it didn't appear on the shelves. So, I take a look through some of the online retailers websites, and I get a variety of dates.

Amazon seems to think it was out today, and still haven't changed it, as do SR, and

Gameplay seem to think it's out on the 13th, as do Play, and

GAME seem to think it's out on the 27th.

So, does anyone know when the hell it is actually coming out...?
(and why it's constantly being delayed ?)

It's annoying that the keep screwing us about. They've changed the release date twice now in the past few weeks, both times about 2 days before it should actually be released.

So, at this rate, if It does come on the 27th, then I'll have three games all coming on the same day. Mafia, Prince of Persia, and Everything or Nothing.

*sigh*
Mon 09/02/04 at 12:33
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
gonna have to wait on this one until theres at least a review. shame if it does turn out bad as ive been looking forward to this game for a while.
Sat 07/02/04 at 15:38
Regular
Ah well. I cancelled the order and bought Sonic Heroes instead.

I'll probably just go and buy it when it comes out anyway
Sat 07/02/04 at 11:58
Regular
It's been put back quie recently. Hopefully Rockstar saw all the crap reviews that PS2 version has been getting and decided to tart it up a bit.
Sat 07/02/04 at 11:57
Regular
"wats up doc?"
Auf deutsch wrote:
> Right.
>
> Now Mafia for Xbox and PS2 were both due out last week, but for some
> reason, only the PS2 version came out. So, the release date gets
> pushed back to today aparently, but again it didn't appear on the
> shelves. So, I take a look through some of the online retailers
> websites, and I get a variety of dates.
>
> Amazon seems to think it was out today, and still haven't changed it,
> as do SR, and
>
> Gameplay seem to think it's out on the 13th, as do Play, and
>
> GAME seem to think it's out on the 27th.
>
> So, does anyone know when the hell it is actually coming out...?
> (and why it's constantly being delayed ?)
>
> It's annoying that the keep screwing us about. They've changed the
> release date twice now in the past few weeks, both times about 2 days
> before it should actually be released.
>
> So, at this rate, if It does come on the 27th, then I'll have three
> games all coming on the same day. Mafia, Prince of Persia, and
> Everything or Nothing.
>
>
>
> *sigh*

I dont know, but the reason that games get delayed is unkown most of the time. But some times its for good reason.

The game thats had most delays is HALO 2 I think, as it was first due september 2003 I think, then november, december, february, march and now, its recently been delayed till autom!

Over all, its been delayed for 1 year, if they dont delay it anymore!

I hope that doesn't happen for mafia, operation flash point and driv3r.
Fri 06/02/04 at 19:40
Regular
The PS2 version was always due out before the Xbox version, at least it was in the US and UK release dates are usually X amount of months after their release in the US. Its due out on March 5th I believe.
Fri 06/02/04 at 19:17
Regular
Right.

Now Mafia for Xbox and PS2 were both due out last week, but for some reason, only the PS2 version came out. So, the release date gets pushed back to today aparently, but again it didn't appear on the shelves. So, I take a look through some of the online retailers websites, and I get a variety of dates.

Amazon seems to think it was out today, and still haven't changed it, as do SR, and

Gameplay seem to think it's out on the 13th, as do Play, and

GAME seem to think it's out on the 27th.

So, does anyone know when the hell it is actually coming out...?
(and why it's constantly being delayed ?)

It's annoying that the keep screwing us about. They've changed the release date twice now in the past few weeks, both times about 2 days before it should actually be released.

So, at this rate, if It does come on the 27th, then I'll have three games all coming on the same day. Mafia, Prince of Persia, and Everything or Nothing.

*sigh*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.