GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Age limit?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/08/01 at 19:23
Regular
Ok so most of us enjoy gaming, enjoy it alot, some could even say they are addicted. As I get older I seem to not have as much time as I would like to play games. I still know that I enjoy games too much to know that I can't just stop and forget about them, but will a time like that ever come?

When you look at the older generation, they don't seem to be interested in the computer games that we all know and love, but I don't think its because they wouldn't enjoy them, its just they probably have never experienced them or just don't understand todays technology to get the hang of the games. If you have ever seem OAP's playing bingo then you will realise that most love it and try hard to win. Even if they don't win they still enjoy it. Just like me with computer games, its almost like its part of life that will be there forever.

We all have our own reasons for why we play games, the list could go on and on. But most of the things that games do could also be done by doing something different. Spare time to play games for me seems to get less and less and I sometimes find myself loading up my PS2 when I come ho,e from the pub (usually late). My parents aren't keen as I usually make noise but I enjoy playing games that I can't just stop.

So will we ever reach a time where the games are no longer important? Where something new takes its place. Or will we go on playing for as long as we physically can, will this generation replace the bingo playing generation as a console playing generation? I guess its all personal opinions and how much you like gaming but I for one want to play as long as I can. Guess only time will tell.
Mon 13/08/01 at 19:43
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
I know what you mean about older people not being interested in gaming. On the odd occasion my grandad sees me playing on games and usually marvels at the graphics then declines to play because it all got too complicated after the early era of games then mutters something about me wasting my time on games.

I reckon gaming will pass eventually but it will take something pretty big to become the new thing to do such as rocket packs, hoverboards or some other futuristic thing.
Mon 13/08/01 at 19:23
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Ok so most of us enjoy gaming, enjoy it alot, some could even say they are addicted. As I get older I seem to not have as much time as I would like to play games. I still know that I enjoy games too much to know that I can't just stop and forget about them, but will a time like that ever come?

When you look at the older generation, they don't seem to be interested in the computer games that we all know and love, but I don't think its because they wouldn't enjoy them, its just they probably have never experienced them or just don't understand todays technology to get the hang of the games. If you have ever seem OAP's playing bingo then you will realise that most love it and try hard to win. Even if they don't win they still enjoy it. Just like me with computer games, its almost like its part of life that will be there forever.

We all have our own reasons for why we play games, the list could go on and on. But most of the things that games do could also be done by doing something different. Spare time to play games for me seems to get less and less and I sometimes find myself loading up my PS2 when I come ho,e from the pub (usually late). My parents aren't keen as I usually make noise but I enjoy playing games that I can't just stop.

So will we ever reach a time where the games are no longer important? Where something new takes its place. Or will we go on playing for as long as we physically can, will this generation replace the bingo playing generation as a console playing generation? I guess its all personal opinions and how much you like gaming but I for one want to play as long as I can. Guess only time will tell.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.