GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recap Of Interview With Grandmaster Sexay"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/08/01 at 17:28
Regular
The following is a recap of an interview with Brian "Grandmaster Sexay" Christopher, which was conducted by Jeff "The Ref" Kohl of Live Audio Wrestling (The LAW) on August 6, 2001.

What exactly happened when he arrived at the building in Calgary for RAW the night he got fired from the WWF for being caught with illegal drugs in his possession while crossing the Canadian border?

- He was greeted by a bunch of the front office staff from the WWF as they had gotten word from the airport that he had been detained and why.

- Jim Ross and others were waiting for him and wanted to know what had happened.

- They wanted to know if the drugs were his, etc.

- He told them that they were his, but he really didn’t know that they were in his bag. Brian said that they belonged to a friend of his that he was hanging out with the night before who ended up putting them in his carry-on bag for the airplane (that he never checks) while they were cleaning out their rental car.

- He was in shock when they pulled them out of his bag at the airport.

Does he feel that he was given a fair chance to explain himself to the WWF?

- He didn’t feel that he needed to give his side of the story, as he was caught with illegal drugs. He says that anybody can come up with a crazy story and lie about how it wasn’t their fault and that they’d never done drugs before, and he knew that they had heard and seen it all before, so he wasn’t about to go and explain to them how it truly did happen to him.

- He just took the rap for it, prepared for what the consequences were going to be.

Does he feel that his being let go had anything at all to do with his father’s (Jerry "the King" Lawler) current relationship with the WWF?

- No, he doesn’t.

- Brian says that he worked for years and years to make it to the WWF. He doesn’t feel that his being there had anything to do with them being related and he doesn’t feel that his being let go had anything to do with them being related.

- He says that in time, maybe they’ll both be back with the WWF again someday. He’s sure that his father will be, but he’s not certain about himself.

Is the door still in fact open for him to return to the WWF?

- They told him that it was, as they know just as well as anybody that knows him that he’s not a drug user.

- He’d be willing to take and has taken drug tests in the past and passed every one of them.

- Brian says that others have received second and third chances with the WWF, and he’s hoping that he’ll be one of those guys that gets another chance, and if he gets it, he promises that we’ll never hear of anything like this ever happening again.

If there’s any promoters out there that are looking to get in contact with him, how can they go about doing so?

- Michael O’Brien handles all of his bookings and personal appearances, however, he didn’t have his phone number on him at that time.

- He says that if there’s anybody looking to get in contact with him to send an email to Jeff "the Ref" Kohl ([email protected]), and JTR will then pass whatever information is sent in on to him

- He is available to work in Canada and anywhere else, and notes that all shows and autograph sessions that he has recently been involved in have done very well.

What’s the transition been like for him, going from working for the WWF to working on the independents?

- He says that when he shows up at independent shows, he’s treated like royalty, which he finds funny since he’s the son of a King!

- He says that many of the groups he’s worked for have put on some great cards and are really worth seeing.

For the remainder of the interview, where some of the topics discussed are Too Cool, how he broke into wrestling, his father Jerry "the King" Lawler, Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi, visit www.JeffTheRef.com to listen to Grandmaster Sexay in RealAudio.

Interesting, eh?? C'MON GMS, COME BACK TO THE WWF!!

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Mon 13/08/01 at 17:28
Regular
"I like cheese"
The following is a recap of an interview with Brian "Grandmaster Sexay" Christopher, which was conducted by Jeff "The Ref" Kohl of Live Audio Wrestling (The LAW) on August 6, 2001.

What exactly happened when he arrived at the building in Calgary for RAW the night he got fired from the WWF for being caught with illegal drugs in his possession while crossing the Canadian border?

- He was greeted by a bunch of the front office staff from the WWF as they had gotten word from the airport that he had been detained and why.

- Jim Ross and others were waiting for him and wanted to know what had happened.

- They wanted to know if the drugs were his, etc.

- He told them that they were his, but he really didn’t know that they were in his bag. Brian said that they belonged to a friend of his that he was hanging out with the night before who ended up putting them in his carry-on bag for the airplane (that he never checks) while they were cleaning out their rental car.

- He was in shock when they pulled them out of his bag at the airport.

Does he feel that he was given a fair chance to explain himself to the WWF?

- He didn’t feel that he needed to give his side of the story, as he was caught with illegal drugs. He says that anybody can come up with a crazy story and lie about how it wasn’t their fault and that they’d never done drugs before, and he knew that they had heard and seen it all before, so he wasn’t about to go and explain to them how it truly did happen to him.

- He just took the rap for it, prepared for what the consequences were going to be.

Does he feel that his being let go had anything at all to do with his father’s (Jerry "the King" Lawler) current relationship with the WWF?

- No, he doesn’t.

- Brian says that he worked for years and years to make it to the WWF. He doesn’t feel that his being there had anything to do with them being related and he doesn’t feel that his being let go had anything to do with them being related.

- He says that in time, maybe they’ll both be back with the WWF again someday. He’s sure that his father will be, but he’s not certain about himself.

Is the door still in fact open for him to return to the WWF?

- They told him that it was, as they know just as well as anybody that knows him that he’s not a drug user.

- He’d be willing to take and has taken drug tests in the past and passed every one of them.

- Brian says that others have received second and third chances with the WWF, and he’s hoping that he’ll be one of those guys that gets another chance, and if he gets it, he promises that we’ll never hear of anything like this ever happening again.

If there’s any promoters out there that are looking to get in contact with him, how can they go about doing so?

- Michael O’Brien handles all of his bookings and personal appearances, however, he didn’t have his phone number on him at that time.

- He says that if there’s anybody looking to get in contact with him to send an email to Jeff "the Ref" Kohl ([email protected]), and JTR will then pass whatever information is sent in on to him

- He is available to work in Canada and anywhere else, and notes that all shows and autograph sessions that he has recently been involved in have done very well.

What’s the transition been like for him, going from working for the WWF to working on the independents?

- He says that when he shows up at independent shows, he’s treated like royalty, which he finds funny since he’s the son of a King!

- He says that many of the groups he’s worked for have put on some great cards and are really worth seeing.

For the remainder of the interview, where some of the topics discussed are Too Cool, how he broke into wrestling, his father Jerry "the King" Lawler, Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi, visit www.JeffTheRef.com to listen to Grandmaster Sexay in RealAudio.

Interesting, eh?? C'MON GMS, COME BACK TO THE WWF!!

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Mon 13/08/01 at 17:55
thanks for that ANT. now i know the full story and how it happend. before i wasnt even sure if it was true.
Tue 14/08/01 at 21:37
Regular
"I like cheese"
Anyone else with any thoughts??
Tue 14/08/01 at 21:47
nobody seems to be online today. and they never read all the topics. now maybe it at the top they will. its all because khazar quicksilver and Ib have gone. and wheres JET? hes not been here four days nor. bouncerboy is also on holiday and two people have left and i remember somebody else writing a holiday note.
Wed 15/08/01 at 08:37
Regular
"..."
Well, i've been away for a while, but I wasn't really a regular before...However, hopefully i'll be able to contribute a lot more from now on....anyways...As for GMS, I personally hope he doesn't come back to the WWF, as far as wrestling ability goes he had a very basic set of maneuvers, he lacked in innovation and seemed to try to make up for it by just dancing. S2H is better off without him.
Wed 15/08/01 at 14:03
you better pray that ANT doesnt read that.
Wed 15/08/01 at 14:05
you better pray that ant doesnt read that.
Wed 15/08/01 at 20:05
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
lol - im just gonna pop this so Ant sees it.
Wed 15/08/01 at 21:41
Regular
"I like cheese"
The Cong Man wrote:
> Well, i've been away for a while, but I wasn't really a regular
> before...However, hopefully i'll be able to contribute a lot more
> from now on....anyways...As for GMS, I personally hope he doesn't
> come back to the WWF, as far as wrestling ability goes he had a very
> basic set of maneuvers, he lacked in innovation and seemed to try to
> make up for it by just dancing. S2H is better off without him.

I'm sorry, but that's bo**ocks. GMS had one of the largest sets of moves!! More than people such as The Rock and Austin, anyway.

Lacked in innovation?? What that move he does on SD2, called "Sexay Face Buster," that's pretty innovative.

And there's no way Scotty is better without him. For a start, he doesn't dance nearly as well as GMS did, and although he's my current favourite, I prefer GMS by far.
Wed 15/08/01 at 22:00
Regular
"..."
Sorry Ant, wasn't even trying to make it that personal...
I respect your opinion and I wasn't saying that GMS didn't have a good range of moves, just that they were basic in as far as they are moves that most of the current roster uses on a regular basis. I stand by what I said in that GMS (apart from the dancing) didn't offer anything that you wouldn't see from any other wrestler. And, i don't like scotty as much as that last comment made it sound....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.