GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/02/04 at 12:18
Regular
"Back Down"
I just want to know everyones opinions on the best rpg makers out there. I have a Gamecube and i seem like the only one who ISNT looking forward to FF: Crystal Chronicals. I doesn't seem to have the depth in the storyline anymore. What does everyone else think?
Wed 23/06/04 at 12:36
Regular
OMG sum1 sew dem ROLF!!!111384fiftyeight
Wed 23/06/04 at 11:36
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
they lie coz its never the final fantasy as they always bring another out
Wed 23/06/04 at 11:36
Regular
"now speaks Japanese"
Rpg's have been around a lot longer, but Square were the ones that made turn base popular, with the ATB (active time bar)Without them we would still be playing Zelda. Not knocking Zelda mind, but they do have limits to game play.
Wed 07/04/04 at 11:59
Regular
"Same as above^"
Hugo Rune-Shanks wrote:
> Dakarus Joe wrote:
> FF1- This was where it all started Final Fantasy for the Nes and it
> practically made the rpg genre.
>
> Man, FF1 was released in the states in 1990, the RPG genrea had
> already been aro0und on consoles and puters for 10+ years?

Yeah and when it first came out the reviews were *beep*,It was hailed as a load of *beep*.

It was only after 2 came out everyone realised the idea behind the first game and liked it.
Mon 22/03/04 at 18:54
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
That sort of genre sure there were Rpg's around but not ones like that.
Mon 22/03/04 at 18:38
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Dakarus Joe wrote:
> FF1- This was where it all started Final Fantasy for the Nes and it
> practically made the rpg genre.

Man, FF1 was released in the states in 1990, the RPG genrea had already been aro0und on consoles and puters for 10+ years?
Mon 22/03/04 at 11:22
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Well here’s like a run through of all the final fantasy because I feel like it. (Monday and trishas on must do something else)

FF1- This was where it all started Final Fantasy for the Nes and it practically made the rpg genre. Even though it is considered one of the best rpg's ever it certainly isn’t and this is only really said by the people who haven’t played it and want to look good. You see this game had practically no story to it you start in front of a huge castle walk to the kings throne and what do you get?
"Please you 4 the princess has been kidnapped save her"
And that was how you start your quest it was quite a long game for the cartridge but was not that sought after.

FF2- De ja vu? It was well the same as FF1 apart from a small improvisation in graphics it was still the same old pick your 4 characters and go find the princess and a major letdown to some of the FF fan boys although some more spells were added as were weapons.

FF3- Now this was what really started the FF series as you started with 3 characters oblivious to who they are and that you only know that they have fallen down a whole and have to get out. This was a different approach to the previous 2 and had a more strategic feel rather then just the go in and kill whatever you can. The graphics were even better and there was a whole new set of spells to use a great game and sold millions.

FF4- The next in the series and was long awaited after the success of the third this did not fail to impress being on the Snes there was obviously going to be a difference in graphics and long livity and this one started with an FMV type thing where there was a dragon. This gets mixed up allot with ff6 when you try and download it as a rom who knows why? Also the summons were introduced one of the first being Bamahut.

FF5- This game introduced the whole new system of *jobs* you start the game picking your character and then there job. Say there would be white mage black mage red mage (red mages use blue magic in recent Final Fantasy's) and they had various skills each would be unique but also had there weaknesses this also had a new quest for you to do.
The 4 crystals that hold the earth together have been smashed and it was down to you to get them back. Great game sold out extremely quickly this and number 4 can be bought on the Playstation in a double pack called Final Fantasy Anthology Europian edition as can one and two in a double pack called Final Fantasy Origins.

FF6- This maybe the best Final Fantasy ever and is very close between this and 7 first of all the jobs were gone but other elements of game play were introduced that more then compensated for it. First of all limits/overdrives/trances were introduced these for the people who don’t know are a characters special ability that character has after taking a certain amount of damage becomes able and takes one of one large chunk of health or gives your party a large booster. Also the story in this got even more complex and summons played a big part the game was extremely long and features in multiple worlds. It can now be bought on the Playstation with one decent beginning FMV.

FF7- Now if you have read this far I bet your thinking 1-6 theres been new everything what else can they do? Well this game did not fail to impress it was released on the Playstation which was a change to Nintendo and boy was it welcome there was not one thing that could be put down. The graphics were lovely for its time and the music well most people would progress through the game slowly because they wanted to stay in qa place where certain music was played! This is a must buy for everyone and will surely get you into rpg's.

Well theres my guide to Final Fantasy right up until its peak and because I couldent be bothered to type any more thankfully trisha is over and I can get back to my life.
Thu 18/03/04 at 23:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Personally i think Enix are much better RPG developers. Dragon Warrior is much better than FF (apart from FF7 and Tactics). Plus also Atlus as well seeing as they make a good few strategy RPG's and i love that battle system
Sun 08/02/04 at 20:59
Regular
"Teal'c"
How could you know about the "in depth" storyline of a game not released/you've not played?
Sun 08/02/04 at 17:58
CHEATER!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.