GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Silly F-Zero"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F-Zero X'.
Mon 09/02/04 at 21:24
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
No wonder I couldn't get past Chapter 1 in story mode! After doing it on Easy, and Chapter 2 not appearing, I thought you had to play through it on Hard. Then after FINALLY doing that, Very Hard appeared, but still no Chapter 2! So after trying Very Hard for a bit, and getting quite sick of it, I decided to have a look round the other options.

And what do I find?

In the blummin' Customise option, in the items bit, you have to buy the next chapters!!!

grrr-argh!

And after I spent AGES on the first chapter trying it on impossible difficulties trying to unlock the next one.

grrr...

Anyways, bought Chapter 2 and it was pretty good. Much more fun and interesting than Chapter 1, which kinda reminded me of that bit in Fun House where they had those go-karts and had to grab the coins.

Then I bought Chapter 3! It was nice to play a new track that I hadn't seen before, but couldn't be bothered to play it much as I'd been playing for over an hour now and needed a rest!

Anyways, I can just say that I'm finally starting to enjoy F-Zero a bit more, eventhough I still think the last track on the 2nd cup is a stinkfest!

:D
Tue 10/02/04 at 23:09
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
AfroJoe wrote:
> You know, Cooky, when you win Chapter 1, it actually says,
> "Chapter 2 can now be bought from the F-Zero Shop."
>
> :-)

I figured it probably did after completing Chapter 2 and it said that. Think it was probably due to me only briefly playing the Story mode before to see what it was, and not paying much attention to the hords of those pop-ups you get after each thing you've won. Tend to just hammer the button to get it to hurry up.

:)
Tue 10/02/04 at 21:09
Regular
Indeed it does. How could you have not noticed that?
Tue 10/02/04 at 20:34
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
You know, Cooky, when you win Chapter 1, it actually says, "Chapter 2 can now be bought from the F-Zero Shop."

:-)
Tue 10/02/04 at 17:34
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I want this game. But am in debt at the moment. Need to become an SR member again and start writing some blatant GAD attempt reviews...

Why does fate mock me?
Tue 10/02/04 at 10:48
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Well unlocked up to Chapter 5 now. And I almost won on Expert with my own crazy ship I made!

Still get annoyed when your on the final lap of a race, going round the final corner, hit the boost button to pull away from the pack,.... to find your ship fly off the track into a tree, of down to oblivion...

:(
Tue 10/02/04 at 00:02
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
More a sigh of relief over anger!

Just hadn't thought to look in the customise bit, as I'd looked in there when I first played it and you needed credits to get stuff, and didn't think I had enough to buy anything worthwhile. And I hadn't played the Story mode at that point, which made buying Chapters possible.

Silly game!

grrr-argh

:[
Mon 09/02/04 at 23:46
Regular
"everyone says it"
hah... That's quite funny.. your face musta been quite a picture when you realised.
Mon 09/02/04 at 23:35
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I blame it on a badly designed menu system!

Silly game!

It's like some racing games (namely Vanishing Point), where you can complete all the championships and everything, but you still can't race on all the tracks in multiplayer. You later find you have to race the tracks on single track race, rather than the option you'll always go for, championship mode!

grrr-argh

:[
Mon 09/02/04 at 23:28
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
hey, funny first post, you can't even blame it on the Japanese text
Mon 09/02/04 at 22:01
Regular
Lol. Yeah, it took me about 1 minute to figure out what I had to do :P Yes, the 2nd cup is annoying as hell, fell off soooo many times.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.