GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Top Twenty ALL Time Games!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/08/01 at 10:16
Regular
If you had to make a list of your top 20 all time favourite games, would the original arcade version of Space Invaders feature in it?

Or are there just too many good games out there now to rate it that highly?

Personally, for pure addictiveness, I'd rank it in the top 50 only, but I'd need a lot of time to think about it to be really sure.
Mon 13/08/01 at 15:07
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I wouldnt include space invaders at all, it may have been revolutionary in its day but it is a game from yesteryear, and pales in comparison to the titles being released these days.
Mon 13/08/01 at 14:29
i wouldnt know whether to put space invaders in it.maybe if i was around at the time the original came out ,but as you said final fantasy 7 would have to be near the top along with some zelda games.
Mon 13/08/01 at 12:27
Regular
I hated it then, and I hate it now.
I can't stand games that consist of one screen, if you know what I mean.
If I can't "go" somewhere in a game - around the next corner, into a mysterious building etc - I always think I may as well play Connect 4 or twiddle with a Rubik's cube.
Mon 13/08/01 at 11:16
I compare games with Shogun: Total War, and Rollercoaster Tycoon. But then I havent playd a Final Fantasy!
Mon 13/08/01 at 11:14
I think Tetris would have to be somewhere in the top 20, but not Space Invaders.

I'm like you FM, I'd set FF7 as a bench mark. Though I think "Zelda: Ocarina of time" may well beat it. But FF7 comes in a very close second on my top 20. It does however, share that second spot with Secret of Mana.

from there I'm pretty much lost as to what 4-20 would be??
Mon 13/08/01 at 10:57
Regular
"not dead"
No Space Invaders wouldn't make MY top twenty games of all time, as though I've played it, it had already been bettered by the time I did so.

If I had been older, and had seen it as an original, had seen that nothing else compared to it, then I might rate it higher.

And besides, when doing 'Top X' lists, I always leave something out, and feel terrible!
Mon 13/08/01 at 10:34
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
S'funny you should say that, because I was just thinking about how I would rate my top 20, and being an RPG fan I'd be judging all games against Final Fantasy VII and trying to use that as a landmark.

Very few would go above it, many would go below it, but that's the one I usually set the standard with.

I suppose everyone has a benchmark game like that.
Mon 13/08/01 at 10:29
Regular
"<];o)"
I doubt i would be able to list my top 20 games of all time. Mainly because I would rate most of the more recent games higher than say Donkey Kong Country 2 which was a mighty fine game, and probably better than half of the games getting released about now.
Mon 13/08/01 at 10:16
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
If you had to make a list of your top 20 all time favourite games, would the original arcade version of Space Invaders feature in it?

Or are there just too many good games out there now to rate it that highly?

Personally, for pure addictiveness, I'd rank it in the top 50 only, but I'd need a lot of time to think about it to be really sure.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.