GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games much better than last year!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/02/04 at 21:36
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
I feel that the games that have been released over the last few months have been better than any other games since the PS2 has been around.

Last few years you would get a good released every few months, but i can name about 10 good games releasd very recently, do you feel the same about this, ?
Fri 13/02/04 at 06:44
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Bah, they're good games, but where's the epic games! I want my Skies
> of Arcadia 2.

EverQuest is the closest you'll get strangely enough. I was going to say Dark Chronicle but its one fault was that all the dungeons were the same, whereas in Skies all the dungeons were designed differently with new puzzles in each one. EverQuest is the same, except the dungeons aren't as easy to find and some of them you can't even think about getting near to until you're level 50.

I'm doing a quest on EQ at the moment where I have to find the components for 3 shields for 3 siblings who want to give presents to their dying father in order to gain his inheritance.

So far I've had to run out into the middle of a barren desert to assassinate a Takeshir Craftsman, infiltrate a remote pyramid complex, avoid guards and tackle a high level boss that only triggers when I approach his high level entourage, destroy a magical tree named Growthor surrounded by hard hitting brethren in a dying forest, catch a patrolling Tae Ew guard unawares without alerting the rest of his encampment, sneak into an icy cave in the northern wastelands to grab some fur off a bear, kill an enraged mage and his pet near a Necromancer's tower (we went as a group and killed him a few times as he gave nice experience points), go invisible inside the huge Guk Dungeon in search of mold from a lost Froglok and seek out an aggravated spirit surrounded by literally hundreds of ghosts and ghouls at a barren ruins. And I'm stuck on the bit where I have to invade Thenon the Wise's burrow to kill an undead Tomb Keeper because I need to get a bunch of guild online at the same time so I can fight past the cultists that see through invisibility and kill the Tomb Keeper's 4 level 44 Ghoul guardians.

It's pretty varied.
Thu 12/02/04 at 18:47
Regular
Bah, they're good games, but where's the epic games! I want my Skies of Arcadia 2.
Thu 12/02/04 at 18:32
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
If recently includes:

Prince of Persia
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2
EverQuest Online Adventures
Need for Speed: Underground
Beyond Good and Evil
Arc: Twilight of the Spirits
Ghosthunter
Medal of Honour: Rising Sun
XIII
Jak II: Renegade

all released in the last 4 months...

then he does have a point.
Thu 12/02/04 at 18:11
"period drama"
Alexj17.com wrote:
>do you feel the same about this, ?

No.
Wed 11/02/04 at 22:32
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I can name about 0 games in the last couple of months.

And about 3 in the past year.
Wed 11/02/04 at 21:51
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Alexj17.com wrote:
> I can name about 10 good games releasd very recently, do you feel the
> same about this?

I don't feel the same way, do you have any examples/recommendations?
Wed 11/02/04 at 21:36
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
I feel that the games that have been released over the last few months have been better than any other games since the PS2 has been around.

Last few years you would get a good released every few months, but i can name about 10 good games releasd very recently, do you feel the same about this, ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.