GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is the 'DX' a different version of Link's Awakening?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening'.
Thu 12/02/04 at 10:12
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Only I got one off eBay without a box and the cartridge label doesn't say DX, but all the ones I saw with boxes said DX...
Fri 13/02/04 at 11:34
Regular
Same difference - both spellings mean the same thing (except in html where 'grey' is green :D)

You have the original black and white version. If you're playing on a Game Boy Color/Advance/SP, then it will display in up to four colours.
Fri 13/02/04 at 11:20
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Grey, with an E ;-)
Fri 13/02/04 at 10:10
Regular
What colour is the cartridge, black or gray?
Fri 13/02/04 at 09:35
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Erm, the one I'm playing is in colour, but it doesn't say DX anywhere.
Thu 12/02/04 at 19:35
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Brilliant game. As far as I know, nothing is changed except the broken tablets with clues on them are changed to broken owl statues for some reason. You also have 10 triggered photo events where a photo guy comes and takes a snap of you, for looking at in his shop (exclusive to DX) or printing out through the GB Printer. Wow.. forgot that thing had ever existed!
And yeh, the "color" dungeon. Shorter than others. It's item is a different coloured cloak which ups your attack/defence (there's two to choose from).
Thu 12/02/04 at 17:27
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
The DX version is slightly different. It has the extra temple, as mentioned where you can get special armour to either increase defense or increase attack. And you can access the secret temple pretty early on in the game.

Some of the dungeons are also slightly changed as the original had some broken things on the wall which if you found the other half gave you a clue of a puzzle, whereas in DX I think it's changed to an owl face or something, and I'm not sure if you have to find the 'other half'...

Also, I think the DX version made it easier to get the best sword through collecting those sea shell things, and it has some special photo shop place that wasn't in the original. Mostly minor changes, the vast majority of the game is exactly the same though.

Oh, and DX is in colour. Obviously.
Thu 12/02/04 at 16:26
Regular
The DX version, for the simple improved graphics, is much better... but you won't be dissapointed with the original either...

I wasn't.
Thu 12/02/04 at 11:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Isn't it like double health or double armor, depending on what you chose?

I got that at the end. Sucky.
Thu 12/02/04 at 11:05
Regular
Except the special armour you can get.

I actually got that half way through the game, I have no idea how I did (must have found a glitch or something). Straaaaange.
Thu 12/02/04 at 10:38
Regular
It is the exact same game with the exception of one extra temple which doesn't make much of a difference to the game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.