GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"my ten favourite computer characters of all time!!!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/08/01 at 18:51
Regular
here are my top ten favourite computer characters of all time:-

10) Dhalsim. The tribal rubber-made idiot from the street fighter saga. Nicknamed the 'elastic spastic' by many, this dude has the cool ability to stretch his arms/legs. (makes you wonder what else he can stretch.)

9) Roger. The loveable kangaroo from Tekken 2. he and friend alex the dinosaur were playable as by get double perfect on devil. tapping back and pressing square activates his 'one punch mickey' wind up smackaroonie.

8) Dr.Robotnic. Aaah, the egg headed bad guy from sonic the hedgehog. i loved the way he always sat in that stupid bowl type spaceship and it always blew up in his fat head. a legend.

7) Lara Croft. The big busted archeaological gun fighting mistriss. star of of course, Tomb raider. every mans dream and fantasy.

6) Link. the hero in Zelda. a true inspiration. This famous spok eared wonder has been waving his sword for years and i never tire of his games.

5) Shinobi. The fearless, wonderful ninja of the mega drive. Shinobi and Shinobi returns are two of the best games on the console.

4) Axel. Think back to streets of rage. the muscley guy you play as to fight the crime syndicate on the streets of new york. sheer brilliance.

3) Kid chameleon. the small boy from the best game ever on the mega drive. he had the ability to change to anything from a croc to a samourai to a tank. ingenious and cool.

2) Solid snake. Of course the stealthy daddy of the playstation. the secret government agent sent in to nuclear disposal facility to confront his brother, liquid. perfect.

1) Cloud. Star of final fantasy 7. he is the greatest character of all time. throughout ff7 this guy brings hope and pain and glory to the game. he is one of those characters that you care about and are sad about whwn something happens to them. he is duh bomb.
Mon 13/08/01 at 20:01
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Heres mine in no particular order.........

1) Link (Zelda) The games he stars in are brilinant!

2) Mario (umm Mario Games) He is the star of many classic Nintendo games, always being used to break new boundries in gaming. eg. Mario 64, first true 3D console game

3) Yoshi (mostly games with Mario in the title) He's my favourite Mario Kart character. He can eat things twice his size! He is great generally.

4) Kazzoie (Banjo Kazooie games) He's funny, sarcastic and lives in Banjo's backpack!

5) Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark) She stars in one of my most favourite games ever!

6) Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) The Tomb Raider games are fun to play.

7) Mumbo Jumbo (Banjo Kazooie) I like his name and he does magic and stuff. :D

8) Sonic (Sonic games) He's a hedgehog that can run fast! Pretty impressive!

9) The camera guy in Mario 64 (Mario 64) He does a good job of following Mario around don't you think?

10) Cartman (South Park) Because he makes jokes about hippies a lot, he's fat and swears uncontrollably. He is also a victim of some great "fat" jokes.

Thats me lot :D
Mon 13/08/01 at 19:56
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
The thing is that she doesn't make sense. I mean if you are going to be jumping around raiding tombs and so forth its proble not to good to be top heavy. In fact if she was running really quickly she might knock herself out.
Mon 13/08/01 at 19:52
Regular
"Back For Good"
LEXX wrote:

7) Lara Croft. The big busted
> archeaological gun fighting mistriss. star of of course, Tomb
> raider.
every mans dream and fantasy.

I wrote a topic on lara a while back and, few people liked the game but no one here found her attractive and we came to the concluson that all this hype about her is from the producers and the lonely people who have no life and only know of the one woman and also think breasts are triangler.

have a nice day :D
Mon 13/08/01 at 19:44
Regular
my ten favourite are.....

(10)crash(bandicoot) cb for ps1
(9)Link (zelda)
(8)Kirby (smash bros) (for 64)
(7)Sonic the hedgehog.
(6)lara croft (tonb raider)
(5)Yoshimitso (tekken)
(4)Spyro the dragon
(3)Alex the kid (sega master system)
(2)Ninja metal gear solid
(1)Solid snake metal gear solid
Mon 13/08/01 at 03:12
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
1) Solid Snake, because he does everything the way I'd do it but with more resilience.
2) Lara Croft, good to look at, good to play with, and it makes a change to have a female lead, especially one with such well-defined character.
3) Sonic the Hedgehog, the dude who started it all in my view, the One that got me hooked on high speed gaming.
4) Cloud Strife, the hero from Final Fantasy VII, one of the most well thought out complex characters it could ever be your hope to find in a game
5) Raziel, from Soul Reaver, for a vampire he's one of the good guys, plus he has some cool moves, it's just a shame about the swinging camera angles
6) Sub Zero, from Mortal Kombat, the first ever fighter character that I managed to master all the moves for, so he has great sentimental value for me.
7) Alan Shearer in FIFA '98, whenever I played against anyone, he was always my main striker as he never missed when I used him to shoot from within the penalty area.
8) The Renault Laguna in TOCA 2. Can a car have character? This one did, it always seemed to gloat when it managed to flip Alain Menu of the track on a fast 140mph right-hand corner. I used to gloat with it.
9) Gilder, from Skies of Arcadia. For a Blue Rogue Pirate this guy just exuded coolness, from his overall demeanour to his special moves, particularly his "Dance for me!" trick where he whipped out two high powered pistols and blasted his enemies to pieces. And a ladies' man to boot.
10) Aeris, Final Fantasy VII again, the only team member of any RPG that actually gets killed and you can't do anything about it. Real tug-on-your-heartstrings stuff.
Sun 12/08/01 at 18:59
That's not a bad top 10 but for me, my top ten has to be:

10)Zell Dincht from Final Fantasy 8
9) Lara Croft from Tomb Raider
8) Luigi from any Mario game involving him
7) Liquid Snake from Metal Gear Solid (even if you can't control him)
6) Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy 7
5) Zidane from Final Fantasy 9
4) Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark
3) Link from Zelda
2) Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid
1) Seifer Alamasy from Final Fantasy 8
Sun 12/08/01 at 18:56
Regular
"everyone says it"
LEXX, are you named after the program?
Sun 12/08/01 at 18:55
Regular
i aint really got a top 10, but my fave character is conker. first platformer on the 64 which could actually speak!
Sun 12/08/01 at 18:51
here are my top ten favourite computer characters of all time:-

10) Dhalsim. The tribal rubber-made idiot from the street fighter saga. Nicknamed the 'elastic spastic' by many, this dude has the cool ability to stretch his arms/legs. (makes you wonder what else he can stretch.)

9) Roger. The loveable kangaroo from Tekken 2. he and friend alex the dinosaur were playable as by get double perfect on devil. tapping back and pressing square activates his 'one punch mickey' wind up smackaroonie.

8) Dr.Robotnic. Aaah, the egg headed bad guy from sonic the hedgehog. i loved the way he always sat in that stupid bowl type spaceship and it always blew up in his fat head. a legend.

7) Lara Croft. The big busted archeaological gun fighting mistriss. star of of course, Tomb raider. every mans dream and fantasy.

6) Link. the hero in Zelda. a true inspiration. This famous spok eared wonder has been waving his sword for years and i never tire of his games.

5) Shinobi. The fearless, wonderful ninja of the mega drive. Shinobi and Shinobi returns are two of the best games on the console.

4) Axel. Think back to streets of rage. the muscley guy you play as to fight the crime syndicate on the streets of new york. sheer brilliance.

3) Kid chameleon. the small boy from the best game ever on the mega drive. he had the ability to change to anything from a croc to a samourai to a tank. ingenious and cool.

2) Solid snake. Of course the stealthy daddy of the playstation. the secret government agent sent in to nuclear disposal facility to confront his brother, liquid. perfect.

1) Cloud. Star of final fantasy 7. he is the greatest character of all time. throughout ff7 this guy brings hope and pain and glory to the game. he is one of those characters that you care about and are sad about whwn something happens to them. he is duh bomb.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.