GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"where do those old child-hood games go?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/02/04 at 13:18
Regular
"need to find a game"
where do all those lovely child hood games we played on dos go ?
classics from Apogee
those games were quite simple and the graphics were nothing compared to todays but there was something about them. For example , Hocus Pocus by apogee ,one of the best game s i have played.
does anyone know where i can buy this game?

thanx
Sat 14/02/04 at 08:42
Regular
"eat toast!"
not as good as syndicate or beneath a steel sky.
Fri 13/02/04 at 20:42
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
you don't use emulators for old games. Apogee split off into 3D Realms. so check their website for long lists of apogee games and shareware versions. but I assure you that you can find any old game on the internet but i can't really help you. but look for Abandonware. commander keen and the original duke nukem were clearly the best games.
Fri 13/02/04 at 07:03
Regular
That doesn't work for all games though :(
Thu 12/02/04 at 21:25
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> I was sad to find that you can get Cannon Fodder from Play for
> £4.99, but it doesn't work on XP!

It should do, you can use the "Compatability wizard" wizard thing to emulate a windows 98 interface
Thu 12/02/04 at 14:24
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find an emulator for most old games, if they were that popular. Try google.com

I was sad to find that you can get Cannon Fodder from Play for £4.99, but it doesn't work on XP!
Thu 12/02/04 at 13:18
Regular
"need to find a game"
where do all those lovely child hood games we played on dos go ?
classics from Apogee
those games were quite simple and the graphics were nothing compared to todays but there was something about them. For example , Hocus Pocus by apogee ,one of the best game s i have played.
does anyone know where i can buy this game?

thanx

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.