GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Random Part 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/02/04 at 12:41
Regular
. A brand new Goldeneye level has been discovered, The Citadel is an old test map still in the Goldeneye game... find out all about it here: http://goldeneye.detstar.com/citadelfound/index.asp

. Pikmin 2 is now due in August, it has rapidly become the most delayed game on the Gamecube now due for a release 9 months after the original date of November 2003.

. Burnout 3 is apparently not coming to Gamecube at all anymore.... whether this is once again mis-quoted crap or a defiant Criteon who knows but it is a sad day for Nintendo gamers.

. Resident Evil 4 appears pretty strange. The hero of the story, Leon Kennedy, is hired by the U.S. President to guard his daughter. She is then kidnapped and held hostage in South America. Leon then travels to a South American village to rescue her. He encounters hostile villagers, who are under some sort of spell/trance, and proceed to hunt him down. Umbrella has apparently been destroyed.

. Nintendo will not unveil the next Gamecube until E3 2005

. In the mean time Nintendo will concentrate on the Nintendo DS and a yet un-announced secret prephiral.

. More information on Resident Evil 4 reveals that the old control systems remains in tact but the combat system has been evolved and your enemies now have 'hit points' - for example, shoot someone in the leg and they'll start limping. Your foes are now more intelligent and will throw things at you (though with some good timing you can shoot projectiles out of the air) as well as working together to flank you and lure you into traps.

Thankfully, a context-sensitive 'action' button will allow you to quickly attack enemies, jump through windows or move objects - although in some areas of the game you'll have to work in pitch darkness with only the moonlight to guide you. The environments will be more consistent this time, so if you shoot a hole in a wall it will stay there for the rest of the game. There's also a new perspective on things as you play the game with a first-person view.

. THQ, Namco, SEGA, Nintendo and Konami are all confirmed developers for the upcoming Nintendo DS system.

. Despite initial claims it is highly likely that the Nintendo DS will play GBA games after all and will be better in specifications.

Dringo
Fri 13/02/04 at 12:41
Regular
. A brand new Goldeneye level has been discovered, The Citadel is an old test map still in the Goldeneye game... find out all about it here: http://goldeneye.detstar.com/citadelfound/index.asp

. Pikmin 2 is now due in August, it has rapidly become the most delayed game on the Gamecube now due for a release 9 months after the original date of November 2003.

. Burnout 3 is apparently not coming to Gamecube at all anymore.... whether this is once again mis-quoted crap or a defiant Criteon who knows but it is a sad day for Nintendo gamers.

. Resident Evil 4 appears pretty strange. The hero of the story, Leon Kennedy, is hired by the U.S. President to guard his daughter. She is then kidnapped and held hostage in South America. Leon then travels to a South American village to rescue her. He encounters hostile villagers, who are under some sort of spell/trance, and proceed to hunt him down. Umbrella has apparently been destroyed.

. Nintendo will not unveil the next Gamecube until E3 2005

. In the mean time Nintendo will concentrate on the Nintendo DS and a yet un-announced secret prephiral.

. More information on Resident Evil 4 reveals that the old control systems remains in tact but the combat system has been evolved and your enemies now have 'hit points' - for example, shoot someone in the leg and they'll start limping. Your foes are now more intelligent and will throw things at you (though with some good timing you can shoot projectiles out of the air) as well as working together to flank you and lure you into traps.

Thankfully, a context-sensitive 'action' button will allow you to quickly attack enemies, jump through windows or move objects - although in some areas of the game you'll have to work in pitch darkness with only the moonlight to guide you. The environments will be more consistent this time, so if you shoot a hole in a wall it will stay there for the rest of the game. There's also a new perspective on things as you play the game with a first-person view.

. THQ, Namco, SEGA, Nintendo and Konami are all confirmed developers for the upcoming Nintendo DS system.

. Despite initial claims it is highly likely that the Nintendo DS will play GBA games after all and will be better in specifications.

Dringo
Fri 13/02/04 at 13:14
Regular
That goldeneye bit sounds good.

Now if only I still had an N64...
Fri 13/02/04 at 13:34
Regular
Tut Tut Tut...
Fri 13/02/04 at 13:39
Regular
Pikmin 2's been delayed till August?

Warra load of schlong, guess I won't be getting a Cube for a while then.
Fri 13/02/04 at 13:43
Regular
Ah but it's a good sign that Nintendo are willing to delay games till their perfect once again.
Fri 13/02/04 at 13:45
Regular
Yeah, but it's also a bad sign when there's no new releases worth owning on Cube for a good 7 months.
Fri 13/02/04 at 13:53
Regular
No good releases? Maybe from your point of view but this March I WILL be getting Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Kirby's Air ride, Beyond Good and Evil, Resident Evil: Code Veronica x, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles and Harvest Moon.

And that's just march.

Note: I am aware not all of them are exclusive.
Fri 13/02/04 at 13:57
Regular
Very little of any intrest there. MGS games I can't stand, Final Fantasy is gonna just be really sucky, Kirby looked good but judging from reviews just isn't. So really, other than maybe Resi Code Veronica, there's nothing worth wasting my money on.

The Xbox is in the same boat though, I don't really see much of any intrest for a long time yet. Other than Ninja Gaiden, Splinter Cell 2 and maybe Unreal 2, there really is nothing worth my money.

By the way, any news on a European relese of Giftpia?
Fri 13/02/04 at 14:09
Regular
Not heard much on it.

Final Fantasy will not suck... especially as I have 2 GBA's and 2 link leads....

I am really looking forward to this game.

I guess in your opinion it aint a top line up but I'm thinking it is. MGS looks the testicles and Pacman Vs looks a laugh.
Fri 13/02/04 at 14:10
Regular
BG&E will be brilliant, can't wait personally, especially for only £20. Not sure about PoP.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.