GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS and the Developers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/02/04 at 19:07
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
"In a survey by Famitsu 93.3% of game makers, 64.4% of the retail outlets and 62.2% of the general public have high expectations for the Nintendo DS."

It seems like our worries of the DS were pointless. According to an article on Cube-europe.com, many designers and developers are really looking forward to starting development.

Camelot had this to say:
"It looks like we can make new things that have been impossible until now. It's exciting hardware for both game-makers and players. I'm definitely going to E3!"

Namco said:
"When I first heard it would have 2 screens, I thought it was a Game & Watch remake, but on further inspection I found it is different. I'm excited by it, and I also have an overwhelming feeling. I think the hardware will be very good at creating intense feelings"

and

Amusement Vision said:
"The first time I saw it, I thought "?", then when reading the specs, that turned into "!" This is a machine that will stimulate both the users' and the creators' desire to play games. It should allow the birth of a whole host of new ideas and play experiences that haven't existed before."

See the rest at:
http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=6125
Wed 18/02/04 at 11:49
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:

>
> I hate to say it, but I sense failure.

I sense amazing Success.
Mon 16/02/04 at 19:42
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Also, another thing - this is Japan that is being talked about. Japan is where Nintendo are based, and therefore where their stuff will be most appreciated.

Not the UK, not even America.

I hate to say it, but I sense failure.
Mon 16/02/04 at 19:24
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
You missed out the rather less cheering;

"10% of developers said they are keen on developing for the handheld. 56.7% percent are currently evaluating the product to see if they should develop for it, while 33.3% do not have plans to develop for it at the moment."

Just 10% comitted, in Japan of all places, is....I'd say worrying given the release date of the machine and the fact that, to really sell the machine, games will have to be different from the current crop and utilise the unique features of the DS.

Still, time will tell, and I'm sure there will continue to be much argument, sorry, debate, about the machine.
Mon 16/02/04 at 19:07
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
"In a survey by Famitsu 93.3% of game makers, 64.4% of the retail outlets and 62.2% of the general public have high expectations for the Nintendo DS."

It seems like our worries of the DS were pointless. According to an article on Cube-europe.com, many designers and developers are really looking forward to starting development.

Camelot had this to say:
"It looks like we can make new things that have been impossible until now. It's exciting hardware for both game-makers and players. I'm definitely going to E3!"

Namco said:
"When I first heard it would have 2 screens, I thought it was a Game & Watch remake, but on further inspection I found it is different. I'm excited by it, and I also have an overwhelming feeling. I think the hardware will be very good at creating intense feelings"

and

Amusement Vision said:
"The first time I saw it, I thought "?", then when reading the specs, that turned into "!" This is a machine that will stimulate both the users' and the creators' desire to play games. It should allow the birth of a whole host of new ideas and play experiences that haven't existed before."

See the rest at:
http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=6125

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.