GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario 128 Ideas..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/02/04 at 09:23
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
There's probably been a topic on this before and someone could of said my ideas but here i go anyway:

1) Mario must find 128 of something, perhaps he might have to find 128 MINI'S of himself to rebuild his body? After Bowser put a spell on him? There's a good chance that this is correct purely because the E3 footage showed loads of mini marios running around? Once you have found a mini Mario they join your group, like Pikmin, you control all the mini-marios you collect and defeat enemies..
2) Mario 64 was called '64' because it was 64bit? so is Mario called '128' because it's now 128bit? (could be wrong with the Graphics here, sorry!)
3) Many people preffered the old Nintendo Mario games, so perhaps he must go to all the different games in his adventure, one minute your the brand new Mario and then you jump into the world of the old NES,Snes and N64 versions with Graphics that look identical to it? It could even be 3D but in the style of the much older games...?
4) I don't know how many games Mario has been in but if it's around 128, then we might be getting somewhere...

Remember this game has plently of innovation, i don't really know any games at the mo which jump into different consoles versions with different graphics, so this could be a possibility.

PLEASE POST ANY IDEAS THAT YOU HAVE THAT COULD BE FEATURED IN MARIO 128!
Tue 17/02/04 at 21:01
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Mario 128 will definatley need something good to beat mario 64. Or so I have heard.
Tue 17/02/04 at 16:54
Regular
sort of like what MADDMUM put
Tue 17/02/04 at 16:53
Regular
I think that its called Mario 128 because 64+64=128 and as Mario 64 was the first of the two, i think that you should follow my drift by now, lol
Tue 17/02/04 at 15:18
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Cyclone wrote:
Rainbow Ride

If they only built the game to include an updated form of this music, I'd be happy. :)
Tue 17/02/04 at 13:33
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Make it huuuuuugggggggeee.

+ ample snow/forest/Mushroom Kingdom/lava/sand/Rainbow Ride/Koopa Kruiser etc levels.
Tue 17/02/04 at 13:14
Regular
It'll probably just be that stupid puppet game that Nintendo were talking about a while ago.
Tue 17/02/04 at 10:25
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Owen wrote:
> Once you have found a mini Mario they join your group, like Pikmin, you
> control all the mini-marios you collect and defeat enemies..

that IS pikmin.

The game will just involve some sort of extra new amazing gadget that costs £100 but is "very new and innovative and provides the player with a new experience". Something like a hat that measures your eyebrow movement, so you control mario with twitches of your hairy lid, that's my guess. Or a tamborine.

Trust me.
Tue 17/02/04 at 10:08
Regular
And the 128 Marios video you are thinking of was just another way to demonstrate the power of the Gamecube, just like the Mario Kart video that everyone hailed to be a preview of the game, which was in fact, nothing like it...
Tue 17/02/04 at 10:06
Regular
My theory is it's Mario 62 (2) to be a sequel.

64 * 2 = 128, therefore, it's Mario 128.

No?
Though 128 levels would be great, just don't make them the exact same as Sunshie where every third level had you collecting Red Coins etc...
Tue 17/02/04 at 09:55
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Jumping throught 128 different levels from well-known `Mario´ games, eh...

Sounds a lot like Wario Ware, inc., to me, only, more "focused" on one major-theme.

That wouldn't be too bad an idea, I suppose. But, is it the so-innovative and original thing that Miyamoto so-dearly wants to keep under-wraps, when it's been used before? I don't think so, somehow.

It's more likely it will envolve 128 Mario's (as the current title suggests), looking at what we saw during E3, a couple of years ago.

Then again, we also saw a super photo-realistic battle between Link and Gannondorf for a potential new Zelda title - and look at how The Wind Waker turned-out.... :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.