GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Glasgow Celtic/Shuan Maloney"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/02/07 at 17:32
Regular
Am I the only Celtic fan left shaking his head in despair at the lack of ambition being displayed by the current board in allowing yet another fine player venture forth from the club ?
One can argue that a £1 million fee for a player with 6 months left on his contract is a good deal, but when put in perspective against the fact that he wanted a new contract for 22K/week as opposed to the 10K/week he was on now, maybe one should consider the alternatives.
Can we find a credible replacement for £1 million ?
What does it say to the rest of the players at the club ?
In the days of greed it was only about the going rate.
What message does it send to potential recruits as to the ambition of the club ? (having qualified for the 2nd stages of the champions league for the 1st time, we now offload a player capable of helping us progress further).

O.K. - I appreciate that we cannot compete with the tv revenue of the english premiership (30 million for bottom club/6 million to us last year) and I would not wish us to bankrupt ourselves chasing unrealistic targets) but our only avenue of raising decent tv income is champions league sucess.

Many people probably don't realise we have our own version of Roman Abramovich in Desmot Dermond, a billionaire in his own right.
I wish he would make a token attempt at following the businessman's creed of speculating to accumulate.

Is asking for a bit of input from our owner a little too much, when financially, success would bring him the greatest monetary reward.

I speak as a truly exaperated shareholder (with insufficient clout) and
diehard fan....just raise your sights a bit Celtic PLC and remember, without us, the fans, what is there really ?

Further success is less likely when we let the cream of our crop go so readily.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Thu 01/02/07 at 17:32
Regular
Am I the only Celtic fan left shaking his head in despair at the lack of ambition being displayed by the current board in allowing yet another fine player venture forth from the club ?
One can argue that a £1 million fee for a player with 6 months left on his contract is a good deal, but when put in perspective against the fact that he wanted a new contract for 22K/week as opposed to the 10K/week he was on now, maybe one should consider the alternatives.
Can we find a credible replacement for £1 million ?
What does it say to the rest of the players at the club ?
In the days of greed it was only about the going rate.
What message does it send to potential recruits as to the ambition of the club ? (having qualified for the 2nd stages of the champions league for the 1st time, we now offload a player capable of helping us progress further).

O.K. - I appreciate that we cannot compete with the tv revenue of the english premiership (30 million for bottom club/6 million to us last year) and I would not wish us to bankrupt ourselves chasing unrealistic targets) but our only avenue of raising decent tv income is champions league sucess.

Many people probably don't realise we have our own version of Roman Abramovich in Desmot Dermond, a billionaire in his own right.
I wish he would make a token attempt at following the businessman's creed of speculating to accumulate.

Is asking for a bit of input from our owner a little too much, when financially, success would bring him the greatest monetary reward.

I speak as a truly exaperated shareholder (with insufficient clout) and
diehard fan....just raise your sights a bit Celtic PLC and remember, without us, the fans, what is there really ?

Further success is less likely when we let the cream of our crop go so readily.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.