GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC USB Gamepad"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/02/04 at 09:45
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I'm looking for a USB gamepad, preferably one similar to a ps23 / xbox controller (i.e, loads of buttons)

Can anybosy suggest a good one?
Mon 01/03/04 at 15:43
Regular
We realised later that we shoulda just bought a converter.

But, we have a cheapish one from PCWorld (£4.99, I think). It's black, no letters on the 4 buttons but it does have R1/R2/L1/L2 buttons. Ours doesn't vibrate, but it feels just like playing with a PS controller. We also use a USB extension so we can pass the controller around the lounge.

Amanda
Sat 21/02/04 at 08:30
The PS2 and Xbox controllers are good to use.
Just buy the relevant converters to go with them.
Fri 20/02/04 at 09:54
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
One company which has play in there name does a PS2 converter for £7. Basically put the coverting into the USB and then plug a PS2 pad in the converter. Plus you can put 2 controllers on 1 converter so that you can play 2 player games. Of course theres no point getting one if you dont have a PS2, but if you do then it could be a good solution.
Fri 20/02/04 at 09:16
Regular
"its cold here"
reading your post about the usb joypad have a look on ebay they had one f for buy it now for 99 pence i know the auction has finished now but you could maybe get in touch with the guy and ask if any left, i think its a bargain hope this helps
item&item=3075073274
cheers gill
Fri 20/02/04 at 09:08
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I got the Saitek rumble one (although it was cheaper somewhere else), and it's a pretty good knock-off of an Xbox pad - got it especially for Halo, y'see. The sticks feel a bit lighter, but once you get used to it, it's fine. There was a problem with the software that came with it though - I've never successfully got the rumble feature to work.
Wed 18/02/04 at 23:16
Regular
The Logic 3 rumble pad is cheap, cheerful, modelled on the Dual Shock 2 controller and has the same number of buttons/button laout. Can be found as cheap as £9.99 if you look around.
Wed 18/02/04 at 18:36
Regular
Well, the Saitek ones on SR (the cordless and the dual shock one)are quite appealing, though I can't see myself buying one, simply because I'm not that 'hardcore' to need one.
Wed 18/02/04 at 09:45
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I'm looking for a USB gamepad, preferably one similar to a ps23 / xbox controller (i.e, loads of buttons)

Can anybosy suggest a good one?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.