GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why the DS is being developed"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/02/04 at 15:34
Regular
"not dead"
The DS will be Nintendo's main console to work with in the next few years for a very simple reason. They're going to align themselves with one of the competition for their next consoel proper.

That way they've still got the DS to do their own thing with.

Wait and see.
Sun 22/02/04 at 09:25
Regular
Heh - well if any sort of deal does happen - then it better not be a buyout - a joint project would suit both companies more.

Nintendo get to keep their independance, both get Zelda. More importantly, two first party developers with all their second parties develop for one system, competing against Sony's single handed efforts.

Maybe the combined userbase of the GameCube and Xbox could finally defeat Sony...maybe...

Not that I'm as anti-Playstation as I once was...but the fact that I only have five PS2 games - two of them promotional copies, is saying something about how much I like it...
Sun 22/02/04 at 02:11
Regular
Perhaps it was ALWAYS Nintendo's plan, but they kept quiet about it so they'd get a big price on Rareware first! ;-D
Fri 20/02/04 at 08:03
Regular
Microsoft join the console market for the very first time and within a couple years they're believing in the marriage between Nintendo and Microsoft.

As much as this would benefit me (a Nintendo console also suppported equally by Microsoft) I find it difficult to believe at this stage.
Thu 19/02/04 at 23:31
"period drama"
Well it has to happen eventually.
It has to.
Thu 19/02/04 at 22:54
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Do all the Notables share this crazy idea of Microtendo? First er-no..
Thu 19/02/04 at 18:39
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
So, if this were true, why does both NOM and Edge carry the latest news that E3 2005 will see Nintendo unveil the first glimpse of their new console? Nintendo of Japan has made it clear that it will definitely be a new console and not any other hardware. It's N5.
Thu 19/02/04 at 18:28
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> *squats*

Mind your anus.
Thu 19/02/04 at 18:22
"period drama"
*squats*
Thu 19/02/04 at 16:28
Regular
Maybe. But even if they were'nt aligning themself with a competitor they would still be producing some kind of a new handheld. And making it flashy and innovative wouldn't be such a shock in that scenario either.

Weights
Thu 19/02/04 at 16:14
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
*waits*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.