GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Time Crisis on Xbox?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Time Crisis'.
Thu 19/02/04 at 19:14
Regular
"I am to be honest"
does anyone know if theres any plans to release it for the xbox? in light of gta being given to us, or better still any games like t.c. using a light gun for the xbox? cheers
Fri 20/02/04 at 15:29
Regular
"eat toast!"
Belldandy wrote:
> "For their own interest and profits" ? Yeah right!
>
> You are Namco. Do you want to retain an exclusivity deal with all
> that entails, with the biggest and most powerful videogame system on
> the planet, or do you want to risk that by making the games which, in
> Namco's home territory of Japan, will barely sell because barely
> anyone owns an Xbox.
>
> Hmmm, it's a toughy...

Spread your market, more places to wip up cash. After all GTA double pack is selling like hot cakes the first time it came out and still people are buying it. It doesn't matter if it doesn't sell in japan, Export it at a cheap rate and you could make yourself a lot of money. Who said you couldn't just deal with ps2? why not the smaller consoles and maximise profit?
Fri 20/02/04 at 13:41
Regular
"Enchilladas"
I hope they release time crisis on xbox thats playstations game and xboxs is house of the dead simple as that.
Fri 20/02/04 at 13:11
Regular
"\\"
Yes but i was being awkward :D
Fri 20/02/04 at 13:07
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I think he meant powerful meaning infulence ?
Fri 20/02/04 at 12:42
Regular
"\\"
Belldandy wrote:
> "For their own interest and profits" ? Yeah right!
>
> You are Namco. Do you want to retain an exclusivity deal with all
> that entails, with the biggest and most powerful videogame system on
> the planet

Correction. Xbox IS the biggest (measure it), and it is also the powerfullest (is that a word?)

> or do you want to risk that by making the games which, in
> Namco's home territory of Japan, will barely sell because barely
> anyone owns an Xbox.
>
> Hmmm, it's a toughy...

Did they only release TC in Japan? No. They released it everywhere.
Fri 20/02/04 at 12:30
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Is House of the Dead III no good then ?
Fri 20/02/04 at 11:37
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
"For their own interest and profits" ? Yeah right!

You are Namco. Do you want to retain an exclusivity deal with all that entails, with the biggest and most powerful videogame system on the planet, or do you want to risk that by making the games which, in Namco's home territory of Japan, will barely sell because barely anyone owns an Xbox.

Hmmm, it's a toughy...
Fri 20/02/04 at 08:45
Regular
"\\"
spoonbeast wrote:
> But i must insist that namco make it for the xbox.

And i'm sure they'll put your opinion at the top of their to do list...
Fri 20/02/04 at 08:38
Regular
"eat toast!"
They say that vc3 was coming out and what i've seen in the arcades it looks good. But i must insist that namco make it for the xbox. For their own interests and profits. Unless sony has sign an agreement stating that they can't shift it to the xbox, theres still every bit of hope that it will arrive.
Thu 19/02/04 at 19:16
Regular
No.

Virtua Cop 4 was supposedly heading for the Xbox and has been ever since launch. However since then I haven't seen or heard anything about it. Shame really as there isn't anything worth buying a light gun for the Xbox at the moment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.