GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do i connect My PC upto my xbox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/02/04 at 22:13
Regular
"$Big Bucks$"
hey evry 1 my m8 sed that i wud need a crosswire a cable and i sed ok but i dont no where to buy 1 from so if sumeone wud be able to give me a link wud be helpful and also cuz sum 1 give me a link to tell me how
thanks
Joe
Fri 20/02/04 at 21:54
Regular
ÈL ® ö B ì Ñ wrote:
> ßulle†† wrote:
>
> If it's live you're connecting for, sorry.
>
> Could of been linking up to backup all of his save games onto the
> pc.
> Just because people want to link their xbox up to a pc doesnt mean
> they want to copy games.

It's because he was on about the copied PGR2 in another thread that made me think this was piracy-related.
Fri 20/02/04 at 18:39
Regular
"Unretired"
Is it possible to use a FTP program to download and upload files from the Xbox hard-drive?
I have plenty of ethernet cables so it wont be a problem.
Fri 20/02/04 at 12:37
ßulle†† wrote:

> If it's live you're connecting for, sorry.

Could of been linking up to backup all of his save games onto the pc.
Just because people want to link their xbox up to a pc doesnt mean they want to copy games.
Fri 20/02/04 at 09:06
Regular
Apologies may be in order. I was under the impression you were looking to link up to the PC for game-copying acts.

If it's live you're connecting for, sorry.
Fri 20/02/04 at 09:05
Regular
:D
Fri 20/02/04 at 09:04
Regular
"$Big Bucks$"
im gonna do it now to prove bullet rong
Fri 20/02/04 at 00:06
Regular
He used text speak which is annoying but he was polite enough to not require a series of c*ck face replies.

I take it you are doing it by Internet Connection Sharing? What OS are you using? You will need an Ethernet Crossover cable to connect your PC to your Xbox and these can be purchased at most computer shops for a cheap enough price. Providing you have configured ICS with your network card then Xbox LIVE will automatically detect IP configuration.

A bit more information on what you are using would be helpful.
Thu 19/02/04 at 22:34
Regular
CuBeMaD wrote:
> hey evry 1 my m8 sed that i wud need a crosswire a cable and i sed ok
> but i dont no where to buy 1 from so if sumeone wud be able to give
> me a link wud be helpful and also cuz sum 1 give me a link to tell me
> how
> thanks
> Joe

Do you seriously think that someone who writes like this has the mental capacity to be able to fathom the procedure of an FTP execution?

Easy it is, but I think not.
Thu 19/02/04 at 22:25
Just a normal ethernet wire will do, i use a the um (forgets correct word) wire that goes into my hub then into the pc.
You want just a direct (one to one) ethernet wire.
FTP is the easy bit.
Thu 19/02/04 at 22:19
Regular
If you're having trouble now, I can't bear to think what you'll be like actually trying to FTP into an Xbox.

Best stick to colouring in.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.