GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The sale of web addresses...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/08/01 at 15:26
Regular
I have had an offer for a domain I own (.co.uk) and do not know how to transfer it/sell it etc.
Is there anything I should be aware of ?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Fri 10/08/01 at 15:26
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I have had an offer for a domain I own (.co.uk) and do not know how to transfer it/sell it etc.
Is there anything I should be aware of ?

Thanks
Fri 10/08/01 at 17:04
Just get the cash of him and give him the ftp details...

Hostname, password etc.

By the way.....whats the web address?, just curious...
Sun 12/08/01 at 17:49
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
G1ng3r wrote:
> I have had an offer for a domain I own (.co.uk) and do not know how
> to transfer it/sell it etc.
Is there anything I should be aware of
> ?

Thanks

If you want to do it offically, so their name etc is associated with the domain (and i would imagine the buyer would want that or you could claim it's yours after the sale) then you have to fill in the 'transfer the domain ownership' bit of the nominet certificate you got sent when you purchased the domain. If you don't have a certificate yet i'm not too sure what to do - they usually take about 6 months or so to arrive.

i think there will be more details on the nominet website www.nominet.net

Brio
Sun 12/08/01 at 21:54
Just be carful and make sure YOU own the domain. Some companies have the right to your domain and may charge you anythig up to £100+ to resell.
Mon 13/08/01 at 10:48
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
thanks for the help, the domain is "www.mariokartadvance.co.uk", bought for a tenner, sold for hundreds of dollars.
Tue 14/08/01 at 02:39
Regular
If you can build the website up, and make it big (get lots of visitors) you can sell the business aswell as the web address......

This can get you bucket loads of cash!
Wed 15/08/01 at 14:28
If you have the certificate for the domain transferring it into their name should not be a problem. There is a section on the back you fill out sign and send back to Nominet (the UK domain registration authority).

If you haven't got the certificate (they usually take ages to come through!) I would phone Nominet for advice (they are usually very helpful).

Get their phone number off the site www.nic.uk

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.