GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just got Prince of Persia...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'prince of persia'.
Sat 21/02/04 at 15:05
Regular
With games this good who needs Nintendo?

Roll on Beyond Good and Evil.
Thu 26/02/04 at 12:13
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Curse those Friday paydays.
Thu 26/02/04 at 11:06
Regular
Here here...

Beyond Good and Evil today wahoo!
Thu 26/02/04 at 10:43
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
PoP is one of the finest games I've played in a long while.
It took me under about 10 hours to finish, and the last boss was slightly naff, but it's one of the few games of recent times that I might actually play through again just after finishing it.

The combat does drag on sometimes, but the level design is great, and so fun to use all your athletic moves to negotiate the levels. It's kinda like the bits in Mario Sunshine when you didn't have your backpack; pure platforming bliss.
Thu 26/02/04 at 10:43
Regular
Got BG&E today - looks great. 55 blocks, though?!?! That's a huge majority of my new Memory Card 251 already gone. Should get Kirby soon, too.
Thu 26/02/04 at 10:38
Regular
Gah no it's not.

Prince of Persia reminds me of those platforming GAD temples in Shadowman.
Thu 26/02/04 at 10:32
Regular
"Enchilladas"
Prince of persia is shiezer.
Thu 26/02/04 at 10:26
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Oh, and BG&E takes 55 blocks to save!! Thats alot.
Thu 26/02/04 at 10:25
Regular
"hit the road jack"
I have the GC version and played it on XB in HMV yesterday. There is no difference apart from the loading sequence. GC version has a rotating dagger of time and the Xbox version has a rotation wheel. Both run fine, look fine and sound fine, just goes down to which controller you prefer.
Wed 25/02/04 at 22:00
Regular
Whoop! SR sent Beyond Good & Evil today, hopefulyl I'll get it tomorrow! Can't wait, it looks brilliant.
Wed 25/02/04 at 21:57
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Anyone know if the GameCube version has anything better than the Xbox
> version, or vice verca?
>
> I know there's gonna be some bias in this forum - but having the
> choice, I'd rather have the 'better' version, assuming either is.

I don't think there are any differences anymore, apart from that if you connect a GBA with POP in to your Gamecube while playing Prince of Persia, it regenerates you're health. The Xbox version probably has slightly better graphics and sound though, although I'm not sure...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.