GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sphinx and the cursed mummy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy'.
Sat 21/02/04 at 18:33
"The Will of D."
How many have played or are playing this game right now? I am and i think this game is brilliant, I like the use of Egyptian mythos and giving it yet another twist by telling us the eyptian empire convered more than just Egypt but more like other planets as well. I believe this history line was inspired by my favourite sci-fi show Stargate SG1 which is a hit all over the world. I like the fact that as the mummy you cannot die and you are a Demi-God playing as Shpinx. Truly excellent platformer Adventure and action game all in one. If only Star fox adventures (GC) was as good as this when it came out, what do you expect from RARE hey.
Wed 26/01/11 at 10:37
Regular
This is a one of the coolest games I have ever played, keeps you thinking, like the whole game play!! the guys who invented this game new what they were doing.
Tue 24/02/04 at 17:18
"The Will of D."
Umm for some reason there isn't a GC version of Sphinx and the cursed mummy listed on the SR database, I tried to look for the game to review it and I can't find it, but all they have is the PS2 and box version, nd not the GC. Where is it?
Mon 23/02/04 at 19:55
"The Will of D."
Owen wrote:
> I TOLD YOU! I had it on import quite a while ago and put a review up!
> No-one believed me when i gave it around 94% (i think) it's much
> longer then Starfox and sometimes better then Wind Waker (graphics
> are good) for the amount of puzzles you do!

Yeah some of them are easy, but the only hard bits abourt some of them is how annoying and aggravating they are.

> The Game is superb, the only reason why no-one would believe me and you > is because there's no 'Mario' or 'Link' in it and the main character is > called Sphinx, if you can pluck up the courage to go out and buy it, > you might be very surprised!

and also because this game not GC exclusive so mario would NEVER appear in it, even as a hidden special for GC only (if they could do it for Soul Calibur doesn't mean they can send mario off in a time machine to ancient eygpt to hinder Sphinx's valiant efforts to save the world).

> The mummy sections are excellent.... Go on you know you
> want too!

Darn tooty!!

I am at the Great wall entrance III and I am about 11 hours in, Owen can you tell me how far from the finish I am?
Sun 22/02/04 at 10:07
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Oh i didn't actually mean Sphinx's graphics are better then Wind Waker when i said (graphics are better) i meant Sphinxs are very good. Sorry! I wasn't making a comparison between the two. :)
Sun 22/02/04 at 10:04
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I TOLD YOU! I had it on import quite a while ago and put a review up! No-one believed me when i gave it around 94% (i think) it's much longer then Starfox and sometimes better then Wind Waker (graphics are good) for the amount of puzzles you do! The Game is superb, the only reason why no-one would believe me and you is because there's no 'Mario' or 'Link' in it and the main character is called Sphinx, if you can pluck up the courage to go out and buy it, you might be very surprised! The mummy sections are excellent.... Go on you know you want too!
Sat 21/02/04 at 22:29
"period drama"
So for the most part, it's like Zelda.
Then for some bits, it like Wario.
Sat 21/02/04 at 20:50
"The Will of D."
Well money isn't a problem if you've been waiting and saving up for it for months now is it?
Also it is 20 memory blocks on your cards (probably because it's a multi-console game, those always seem to need extra space) and as a mummy you are virtually invincible because you are already well... dead. Also the way the mummy works is basically how Wario in Wario land 2 and 3 acts, yu are effected by all sorts of dangerous stuff like fire, electricity, being flattened into a walking 2D mummy to help you in that part of the game. But in the case of Sphinx you are given a very common health meter which at the beginning of the game is usually 3 blocks (or is this case Anhks) and you can increase the capacity in a very Zelda like quality by colleting 4 Gold Anhks to increase the bar by 1 extra anhk, and also after certain events you are given an extra bar for good measure.

You can also gain weapons which can be assigned to either L, R, X, A and B. Y is being used as the overall command button, and A as the Weapon you recieve after the prologue.

So far it isn't too challeneging but it certainly is long, and is a very good game which makes you come back for more.
Sat 21/02/04 at 20:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yus it is out now, but with hindsight I'd not buy it unless you have a lot of spare money. I'll finish it, but then sell it.

Unless of course it improves more than it has done...
Sat 21/02/04 at 18:58
Regular
Again, is this released already? I've been wanting it for ages, mainly due to the Mummy puzzles.
Sat 21/02/04 at 18:53
"period drama"
To me, there's always going to be a better game out I'd rather buy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.