GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are any of these games good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/02/04 at 19:37
Regular
"Up your Arsenal!!"
Please could you tell me if any of these games are good.I need to know! Vexx Any of the Lord of the rings games ApeEscape2 DarkCloud Sims:Bustin'out TazWanted Themeparkworld
Sat 21/02/04 at 19:37
Regular
"Up your Arsenal!!"
Please could you tell me if any of these games are good.I need to know! Vexx Any of the Lord of the rings games ApeEscape2 DarkCloud Sims:Bustin'out TazWanted Themeparkworld
Sat 21/02/04 at 19:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ape Escape 2 is a good quirky japanese game, one of the few platformers i liked.
And if you mean Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle) then that is also a very good game, however if you mean the original then that is really nothing special at all.

Not played any of the other games
Sat 21/02/04 at 20:34
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
Can anyone give me a verdict on these two? ICO and Virtua Fighter 4. I can't seem to find ICO for sale anywhere anyway. tnuc.
Sat 21/02/04 at 20:38
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Van The Man wrote:
> Can anyone give me a verdict on these two? ICO

Greatly under-rated game and a must have in anyones collection

> and Virtua Fighter 4.

The only fighting game i own other than DOA2, very good and requires you to actually learn the game if you want to reach the top instead of just hammering the buttons
Sat 21/02/04 at 20:48
Regular
": ("
I dont really like any of them, get something like Ratchet And Clank 2 or FFX-2 or FFX.
Sat 21/02/04 at 20:51
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
I heard about ICO being very under-rated, it was voted one of, if not the most under-rated games on either gamespy or gamespot. I'd expect Virtua Fighter 4 to be in my liking, although for some reason I wasn't a huge fan of Soul Calibur II, only when I was kicking my mates backsides, who never really played the game before.
Sun 22/02/04 at 19:53
Regular
"Up your Arsenal!!"
I already have Ratchet and Clank 2.
Sun 22/02/04 at 20:50
"period drama"
Jakxter wrote:
> Please could you tell me if any of these games are good.I need to
> know!
>
> Vexx - Shitewash
> Any of the Lord of the rings games - Shitewash
> ApeEscape2 - Enjoyable. Though not as good as the original
> DarkCloud - Good in parts, fatally flawed in others.
> Sims:Bustin'out - Shitewash
> TazWanted - Shitewash
> Themeparkworld - Shitwash.

Get ICO for sure.
One of the best games ever.
But they stopped selling it, so e-bay's you're best bet. And a sequel has been confirmed - look out.

And also, some taste in games would be a good idea.
Sun 22/02/04 at 20:50
Regular
": ("
Out of the list i would choose The Sims Bustin Out, only becuasen the others are too short and easy.
Sat 28/02/04 at 10:48
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Jakxter wrote:
> Please could you tell me if any of these games are good.I need to
> know!
>
> Vexx
> Any of the Lord of the rings games
> ApeEscape2
> DarkCloud
>
> Sims:Bustin'out
> TazWanted
> Themeparkworld

I've never played Vexx.

The Two Towers and the Return of the King are good but the Fellowship of the Ring is crap.

Ape Escape 2 is good but not as good as JAK 2 or Ratchet and Clank 2.

Dark Cloud is alright. Dark Chronicle is amazing.

I never played Sims: Busting Out but the Sims is quite good.

I've never played Taz Wanted or Theme Park World.

I hope that helps, Jakxter.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.