GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MY top ten beat-em-up moves!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/08/01 at 21:31
Regular
Whether you’re a PS2 owner who can’t wait for Tekken 4 , or a retro freak who prefers the projectile firing shenanigans of Street Fighter , everyone has their favourite
beat-em-up moves! A move so good that you keep pulling it off , even if it means your mates labeling you ‘Cheesy’. Here is my all time top ten.

10. SAMANOSUKE GETS WIND!
You’re playing Onimusha Warlords and have just received a new weapon after a fantastic rooftop duel to the death. You have no idea what it does so you head for the nearest bad guy dumb enough to cross your path. You press Triangle , then Samanosuke raises the staff above his head and lets rip with a huge whirlwind! Reducing your zombie to a small pile of dust. Its at this point you realise that you , truly , are the man!

9. AAAAAARRGGHH!...THUD!
Virtua Fighter gave you the ability to knock your opponent out of the ring , Dead or Alive 2 took this a step further and let you knock your foe off er , a 60 foot drop. How they survive this we’ll never know , but not a lot can beat the satisfaction of finishing off a good combo with a good ol’ death defying plummet! Lovely.

8. PASS THE KETHCUP
You’re sitting patiently on a rooftop , waiting for your prey to turn his back , he looks away , you edge closer , then drag your dagger across his throat. A shower of ketchup follows , and it’s at this point that you are dragged out of your trance and realise you’re playing Tenchu Stealth Assassins on PSone. The game maybe flawed and the blood may be redder than an explosion at the HP Sauce factory. But that is a class special move!

7. LET’S DANCE!
You’ve just thrashed your mate at Killer Instinct , and are about to perform a finishing move , do you A) Pull off a huge 80 hit combo and really rub it in ? or B) Make them dance like they’ve never danced before. Its B of course! Pull off a Humiliation and watch in amazement as your opponent does the Electric Boogaloo! (sort of)

6. NOW YOU SEE HIM , NOW YOU DON’T
As well as being one of the coolest beat-em-up characters ever , Yoshimitsu also has some of the most bizarre moves ever seen! His coolest move involves the space ninja sitting down , and then disappearing when your foe approaches! Then re-appearing behind them ready for you to pull off a tasty move! Brilliant stuff!

5. PASS THE KETCHUP (Part 2)
Mortal Kombat was the game that introduced the finishing move , heads flew , bodies crisped and hearts were pulled from stomachs. But the best finisher was easily the Pit Fatality! After beating up your opponent , you pull off an uppercut and watch as they plummet downwards and land in a pit of spikes. Disgusting , hilarious , fantastic!

4. WHOA! THAT’S FAST!
If you have a raz on Street Fighter 2 and are a button basher , pick Chun Li and the first special move you are likely to pull off is the fantastic ‘Lightning Kick’ simply press kick rapidly and you have a very effective move! Classic game and a very cool move! But whatever you do , don’t tell your little cousin about it , he’ll thrash ya!

3. HE’S DONE A RUNNER!
In at number three its Marshall Law with his ‘Run up the opponents chest than crash down on top of them maneuver!’ Anyone who’s played Tekken will know and love this move! It looks terrific and is easy to pull off. What more could you want! However , anyone who is dumb enough to stay standing underneath him while he soars through the air doesn’t belong in the iron fist tournament!

2. GOODNESS GRACIOUS GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!
From my fairly obvious heading I’m sure you’ll have guessed that at number 2 its Ryu and Ken’s superb fireball. What better way than to take out a long distance enemy than unleashing a ball of fiery death! Some may think it should be number 1 , but tough!

1. SHO-RYU-KEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The ultimate special move also comes from Street Fighter 2 , the awesome Dragon Punch. Some might think this is a controversial decision , but for me this is the supreme special move. Nothing beats timing it to perfection and winning the match with it. Like the fireball , its been in plenty of other games , but SF2 is the original and best! A quality move!

So there you have MY top ten , I hope you liked it!
Thu 09/08/01 at 21:31
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
Whether you’re a PS2 owner who can’t wait for Tekken 4 , or a retro freak who prefers the projectile firing shenanigans of Street Fighter , everyone has their favourite
beat-em-up moves! A move so good that you keep pulling it off , even if it means your mates labeling you ‘Cheesy’. Here is my all time top ten.

10. SAMANOSUKE GETS WIND!
You’re playing Onimusha Warlords and have just received a new weapon after a fantastic rooftop duel to the death. You have no idea what it does so you head for the nearest bad guy dumb enough to cross your path. You press Triangle , then Samanosuke raises the staff above his head and lets rip with a huge whirlwind! Reducing your zombie to a small pile of dust. Its at this point you realise that you , truly , are the man!

9. AAAAAARRGGHH!...THUD!
Virtua Fighter gave you the ability to knock your opponent out of the ring , Dead or Alive 2 took this a step further and let you knock your foe off er , a 60 foot drop. How they survive this we’ll never know , but not a lot can beat the satisfaction of finishing off a good combo with a good ol’ death defying plummet! Lovely.

8. PASS THE KETHCUP
You’re sitting patiently on a rooftop , waiting for your prey to turn his back , he looks away , you edge closer , then drag your dagger across his throat. A shower of ketchup follows , and it’s at this point that you are dragged out of your trance and realise you’re playing Tenchu Stealth Assassins on PSone. The game maybe flawed and the blood may be redder than an explosion at the HP Sauce factory. But that is a class special move!

7. LET’S DANCE!
You’ve just thrashed your mate at Killer Instinct , and are about to perform a finishing move , do you A) Pull off a huge 80 hit combo and really rub it in ? or B) Make them dance like they’ve never danced before. Its B of course! Pull off a Humiliation and watch in amazement as your opponent does the Electric Boogaloo! (sort of)

6. NOW YOU SEE HIM , NOW YOU DON’T
As well as being one of the coolest beat-em-up characters ever , Yoshimitsu also has some of the most bizarre moves ever seen! His coolest move involves the space ninja sitting down , and then disappearing when your foe approaches! Then re-appearing behind them ready for you to pull off a tasty move! Brilliant stuff!

5. PASS THE KETCHUP (Part 2)
Mortal Kombat was the game that introduced the finishing move , heads flew , bodies crisped and hearts were pulled from stomachs. But the best finisher was easily the Pit Fatality! After beating up your opponent , you pull off an uppercut and watch as they plummet downwards and land in a pit of spikes. Disgusting , hilarious , fantastic!

4. WHOA! THAT’S FAST!
If you have a raz on Street Fighter 2 and are a button basher , pick Chun Li and the first special move you are likely to pull off is the fantastic ‘Lightning Kick’ simply press kick rapidly and you have a very effective move! Classic game and a very cool move! But whatever you do , don’t tell your little cousin about it , he’ll thrash ya!

3. HE’S DONE A RUNNER!
In at number three its Marshall Law with his ‘Run up the opponents chest than crash down on top of them maneuver!’ Anyone who’s played Tekken will know and love this move! It looks terrific and is easy to pull off. What more could you want! However , anyone who is dumb enough to stay standing underneath him while he soars through the air doesn’t belong in the iron fist tournament!

2. GOODNESS GRACIOUS GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!
From my fairly obvious heading I’m sure you’ll have guessed that at number 2 its Ryu and Ken’s superb fireball. What better way than to take out a long distance enemy than unleashing a ball of fiery death! Some may think it should be number 1 , but tough!

1. SHO-RYU-KEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The ultimate special move also comes from Street Fighter 2 , the awesome Dragon Punch. Some might think this is a controversial decision , but for me this is the supreme special move. Nothing beats timing it to perfection and winning the match with it. Like the fireball , its been in plenty of other games , but SF2 is the original and best! A quality move!

So there you have MY top ten , I hope you liked it!
Thu 09/08/01 at 21:45
Regular
WHat about Liu Kang in Mortal Kombats fatality where he turn into a dragon and bites your head off, that was a classic.
Thu 09/08/01 at 21:57
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
what about Yoshimitsu's suicide moves when he stabs both his opponent and himself

E.Hunda's classic hundred-hand slap

the Law's (Forest and Marshal) punch and look away, this has a cool camera angle
Thu 09/08/01 at 22:01
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
DanDaGr8 wrote:
> what about Yoshimitsu's suicide moves when he stabs both his
> opponent and himself

E.Hunda's classic hundred-hand slap

the
> Law's (Forest and Marshal) punch and look away, this has a cool
> camera angle

thought about E.Honda's move , but Chunners Lightning kick is cooler. If you ask me anyway
Fri 10/08/01 at 22:51
Bloody hell this list really really has some cool moves on it(I now sound like the cheese myster).

Well rob what can I say uve done it again U are trully the game-a-day king.Im glad that I actually know u in person and can vouch for him after some contravertial comments surrounding his last review (in which he won) that his reviews are 100% authentic Rob_Skater reviews me he wrote them and I have read some of them before he even posted them and I must admit.Rob mate u have a tallent.
Its good to be his mate cos I get to see all the latest games he has (he won most of them he he).
And no i dont use u for ur PS2 (or do I).

Good luck on ur next post i know it will be good!
Sat 11/08/01 at 12:00
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
Street Fighter king wrote:
> Bloody hell this list really really has some cool moves on it(I now
> sound like the cheese myster).

Well rob what can I say uve done
> it again U are trully the game-a-day king.Im glad that I actually
> know u in person and can vouch for him after some contravertial
> comments surrounding his last review (in which he won) that his
> reviews are 100% authentic Rob_Skater reviews me he wrote them and I
> have read some of them before he even posted them and I must
> admit.Rob mate u have a tallent.
Its good to be his mate cos I get
> to see all the latest games he has (he won most of them he he).
And
> no i dont use u for ur PS2 (or do I).

Good luck on ur next post i
> know it will be good!

ta matey! and thanks to anyone who sends me some positive comments!
Sat 11/08/01 at 12:39
I think Liu Kang's "bicycle kick" move in Mortal 2 is possibly the funniest move in a beat 'em up!

Especially the sound he makes :-)
Sat 11/08/01 at 15:19
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> I think Liu Kang's "bicycle kick" move in Mortal 2 is
> possibly the funniest move in a beat 'em up!

Especially the sound
> he makes :-)

That move is ace! Yet very annoying when on the receiving end!
Sat 11/08/01 at 20:33
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Well done Skater...great post. Nice and long, with funny, well-written English - classy.

Well, what game will you be choosing?
Sun 12/08/01 at 13:40
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
Shocktrooper wrote:
> Well done Skater...great post. Nice and long, with funny,
> well-written English - classy.

Well, what game will you be
> choosing?

Thanks!! I have no idea what game to choose!
any suggestions? I have a PS2 and GBA
thanks again!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.