GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AAAAGH! What is it called....and WHERE is it!"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/02/10 at 18:50
Regular
Some time ago (approx 2002 to 2004) i found a game i downloaded off the internet that i loved but cant for the life of me remember the name. If i describe it here I thought maybe some game expert may remember it and better still where I could get hold of it.

Basically the game format is realtime fantasy battle in one game area between four different races each with their own type of weapons and abilities. I think the races were something like humans, demons, goblins and something else but i cant quite remember if thats right.

Basically you control the units of the particular race you command. You send them into battle against the other races and the aim is to capture the hq of the other race. You could choose to play against just one other race or all four battling at the same time.

You could build or purchase units to help. I remember humans were able to use trebuchets and defence towers (medieval style) and build walls. Aerial units were flying machines or dragons i cant quite remember.

The demons had dragons, and caged beasts as static defences. when one of your units got too near they spewd flames out from behind their cages and were controlled by a beastmaster. it was really great sending your units into battle and seeing the little figures battle it out trying to get to and capture the enemy hq. if anyone has the faintest idea what this could please a name would be most appreciated as i loved it. thanks very much,
Wed 10/02/10 at 14:09
Regular
---
[ed]
Dude - I just realised that you said "aaaaa!" because you couldn't remember the game name, not because that's what you *could* remember of the game name :doh:
And that you probably "downloaded" it on torrents or illegally.
Anyway - try this one out, as it's quite fun, except for the PC speaker sounds...

What you can do, is search this place until you find the game yr after:
The Definitive RTS Game database
If it's not in there, then you may have memory impairment.
If you can't find another that you like, you're too picky :p
[/ed]
---

Hi there - I am staff at an abandonware and classic games site called Abandonia (Abandonia Homepage).

I think I know the game you are talking about - we deal with a lot of "what is it called..?" type requests.

Here it is:

Aaargh! Game

You may have d/l'd it in 2002-4, but the game is from 1988(!)
If this isn't it, then I can't help you.
It's the only one I can think of that is called Aaaaaa, except that zombie flash game on Newgrounds.
Fits the bill with dragons and catapults and stuff...

You can download the game and all other information from there, legally and easily.

The game runs fine in Windows, apparently, but I have always played it using a programme called Dosbox
Dosbox Homepage

If you have any problems, sign up at Abandonia and ask in the troubleshooting/technical forums there. :)
AB Forums
Mon 08/02/10 at 18:58
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Haha I know the feeling. Anyway Welcome to the forums, let's see if we can help you.

With the info you have provided, the only thing that springs to mind is

Total Anniilation: Kingdoms
Actually the beasts in cages really rings a bell with TA:K.

Or possibly SpellForce: Order of Dawn (this games was an RTS with Goblins, Demons and Humans....also has elves)

It doesn't seem quite right but you never know.

Let's have some more details.
Do you know who made it?
Was it brand new when you bought it?
Any clue at all as to the name...even remotely?
Any tips as to storyline or character names?
Mon 08/02/10 at 18:50
Regular
Some time ago (approx 2002 to 2004) i found a game i downloaded off the internet that i loved but cant for the life of me remember the name. If i describe it here I thought maybe some game expert may remember it and better still where I could get hold of it.

Basically the game format is realtime fantasy battle in one game area between four different races each with their own type of weapons and abilities. I think the races were something like humans, demons, goblins and something else but i cant quite remember if thats right.

Basically you control the units of the particular race you command. You send them into battle against the other races and the aim is to capture the hq of the other race. You could choose to play against just one other race or all four battling at the same time.

You could build or purchase units to help. I remember humans were able to use trebuchets and defence towers (medieval style) and build walls. Aerial units were flying machines or dragons i cant quite remember.

The demons had dragons, and caged beasts as static defences. when one of your units got too near they spewd flames out from behind their cages and were controlled by a beastmaster. it was really great sending your units into battle and seeing the little figures battle it out trying to get to and capture the enemy hq. if anyone has the faintest idea what this could please a name would be most appreciated as i loved it. thanks very much,

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.