GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, NOM..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/02/04 at 12:42
Regular
I never remember them being THIS bad.

I picked up the latest issue (fridge magnets rock) and decided to take a look at the Sword of Mana review as I've been wondering whether or not it's worth the hassle. But god, their review is most dire, unreadable published peice of writing I ever have had the displeasure of casting my eyes on.

Their Goblin Commander review was good (which was the only other I've read), but are they usually this bad? I'm hoping this is just some new guy doing a terrible job because the rest of the magazine is alright, and strangely unbias.

I'm going to get the next issue solely for the Metroid: Zero Mission review, seeing as it's one of the few Nintendo magazines to include our trusty GBA, I just hope to god it's not as bad.
Sun 07/03/04 at 22:07
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Ive always found NOM quite reliable. there normally pretty acurate and mark their games down when they become dated. the new layout is excelent.

theyve got rid of those boring pages full of crappy little game reviews now so theres more space for reviews. Howvever i DOnt like the "big in japan section" id rather hear more about what will becoming out over here than what will never make it out of japan!
Wed 03/03/04 at 10:39
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
It isn't as good as Secret of Mana, but having played through Sword of Mana I'd say it was worth a shot, especially if your a fan of the Action RPG genre.

I personally found it a little easy, but maybe that's down to the fact that I spent a fair chunk of time actually levelling-up to Weapon Master status (around Level 50+).

Sword of Mana provides a nice alternative to the Turn-Based elements of Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics and the Golden Sun games, it will keep you enthralled for the 20 or so hours it takes to see it through.
Tue 02/03/04 at 15:48
Regular
NOM aren't bad... just nothing particularly special.

They're not the only magazine to think the game sucks balls, IGN and NGC are with them on this one.
Tue 02/03/04 at 14:28
Regular
"hit the road jack"
It's time NGC gave us another one of their top-quality DVD's.

The 2nd one had Miyamoto at E3 playing Wind Waker and he lost his sword. Ahhh, classic.
Sat 28/02/04 at 21:31
Regular
Oh, and the free gifts rock. :-D
Sat 28/02/04 at 21:30
Regular
It just says "If you're avid Mana fan, get it" or something. What if, by some strange act of god, I've never played Secret of Mana?

Some of their reviews are good, I'll continue to get the odd copy for GBA games, but some are really, really rubbish.
Sat 28/02/04 at 18:35
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Er doesn't NOM have the "Should I Buy This" bit at the end of each review? I know my copy does.
Sat 28/02/04 at 18:16
Regular
Erm... what I'm trying to say is they don't tell me whether or not I should buy the game they're reviewing. I want to know what's both good and bad about the game, I don't care if theiy get their point across because, at the end ofthe day, what they see as essential aspects of a game, I may not care about.

Oh, and their Kirby Air Ride review is proof of their overpowering stupidity.
Sat 28/02/04 at 17:17
Regular
"R-Kade 4 Life"
You Poshie!!
U shouldnt really dis NOM like dat. Even though that review was rubbish, NOM still gets their point thru. If the game has got so much dialogue and not enuf play-time, theres no point buying it. It wouldnt even b a game!!
Neways, I find reviews like this entertaining as it beats that boring crap!
Lighten up a bit!
Tue 24/02/04 at 21:16
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
Ah, I remember the days of good old Total64, what a mag. My fave Cube mag has to beeeeee NGC. It just is.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.