GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PES3 - playing tips wanted!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 3'.
Tue 24/02/04 at 17:07
"High polygon count"
Monday and Thursday nights, me and a mate have an evening of PES3 - previously PES2.

On PES2 were weren't bad - worked our way up the divisions and were averaging some good results.

We're now in our 3rd season on PES3, and we are USELESS! Our players seem to have no close control, always seem to stumble, and we have real trouble getting and keeping the ball.

If a ball bounces loose, it inevitably goes to the opposition. If it's in space, we're always second to it. The same happened on PES2, but once we got used to it we were able to hold our own. On this one, we just can't get it right, and we have played it a lot.

We're on 3-star level I think. We were nowhere near this bad on PES2, and we can't figure it out. So any and all tips from you experts would be welcome.
Tue 24/02/04 at 17:07
"High polygon count"
Monday and Thursday nights, me and a mate have an evening of PES3 - previously PES2.

On PES2 were weren't bad - worked our way up the divisions and were averaging some good results.

We're now in our 3rd season on PES3, and we are USELESS! Our players seem to have no close control, always seem to stumble, and we have real trouble getting and keeping the ball.

If a ball bounces loose, it inevitably goes to the opposition. If it's in space, we're always second to it. The same happened on PES2, but once we got used to it we were able to hold our own. On this one, we just can't get it right, and we have played it a lot.

We're on 3-star level I think. We were nowhere near this bad on PES2, and we can't figure it out. So any and all tips from you experts would be welcome.
Tue 24/02/04 at 17:43
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Try taking it up the wings, then coming inside and passing ti to a forward - only do it if you've got time, though - doesn't always work, and isn't the *best* way to get a last minute winner. It does build confidence, however, and made me feel confident on the ball...

And don't run. Running is for defenders - let the attackers roam free, passing, walking, skipping past defenders.

If this was online, and I had a PS2 online, I'd own you all.

Well, maybe 2 of you.
Tue 24/02/04 at 18:21
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
tributé wrote:
> If this was online, and I had a PS2 online, I'd own you all.

Never. I'd kick you so badly.

Won 8-0 in my Master League on 5-star the other day. Although it was against Fulham. Who are crap. And I was quite lucky in the end, as I converted all of my chances due to Van der Sar being really balls.

Usually win by 1 or 2 goals. Or sometimes draw. Unbeaten so far in all competitions - 11 matches in the league.
Tue 24/02/04 at 18:23
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
PES 3 is the more difficult from it's predecessors and requires adjusting too, took me a while but im pretty good at it now.

You'll find through balls won't always be easy to get onto and will get cut out quickly.

I find running down the wing fairly difficult too if there's an oncoming defender, because he always tends to win the ball.

The way I tend to play on PES 3 is pass my way forward slowly from defence to attack whilst releasing the wingers using the 1-2 when close to the half way line. I cut in using my wingers more than I cross the ball in from the byline because it gives you more options, crossing the ball into the box will be cleared by the computer especially if you're playing ML and you have the basic line up.

It depends really what options you have when you enter the opposing half, you could pas you're way through the middle of the park and put a through ball onto your striker (either over the top or on the floor) depends who you have in the team etc

From corners, I like to play them in short because the opposition always misses that and you can pass the ball into the box with you having 2/3 free players to pass too with United type defending from the opposition :)
Tue 24/02/04 at 18:31
Regular
i found that using the overlap move helped alot, its 1 of the shoulders (cant remember which) but what it does is make a player make a forward run after passing, means you can make manual 1-2's and also bring defenders forward in an attack.
Tue 24/02/04 at 18:34
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Oh, and if you only buy 1 forward all game, make it the Fowler
Wed 25/02/04 at 15:15
"High polygon count"
Pop
Wed 25/02/04 at 16:42
The difficulty I found in PES3 came from the fact that the dribbling-through-defense strategy of PES2 and other previous incarnations doesn't seem to work.

The best advice I can give is put your fullback strategys on red arrow up the pitch, and try and throughpass to them as much as possible. One-twos also seem to work very well, especially up the wing.

I also have a strange strategy of geting past those annoying defenders who come out to the wing and try an block your run. This might not make much sense, but if you keep trying it, it works. The exact thing you have to do is, say you are running up the right wing on a normal view (not vertical), hold R2 and up, then immediately let go of R2, change to R1 and press up and right. This should mean you retain most of your speed and get past the defender.

Tell me if it doesn't work and I'll try and explain when I'm less tired.
Wed 25/02/04 at 16:51
Regular
The best formation to use is 4-3-3 with either three central midfielders or the one with one defensive midfielder and two offensive midfielders. You can use your full backs and wingers to run accross both wings and then cross the ball. Hopefully your striker or one of your offensive midfielders will either head the ball or do a jumping volley which in many cases would lead to a goal. The only drawback with this formation is that its very offensive so be prepared to concede a couple of goals.
Wed 25/02/04 at 17:12
Regular
I think I'll post that hint at ukhints.com

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.