GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PES3 - playing tips wanted!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 3'.
Tue 24/02/04 at 17:07
"High polygon count"
Monday and Thursday nights, me and a mate have an evening of PES3 - previously PES2.

On PES2 were weren't bad - worked our way up the divisions and were averaging some good results.

We're now in our 3rd season on PES3, and we are USELESS! Our players seem to have no close control, always seem to stumble, and we have real trouble getting and keeping the ball.

If a ball bounces loose, it inevitably goes to the opposition. If it's in space, we're always second to it. The same happened on PES2, but once we got used to it we were able to hold our own. On this one, we just can't get it right, and we have played it a lot.

We're on 3-star level I think. We were nowhere near this bad on PES2, and we can't figure it out. So any and all tips from you experts would be welcome.
Sat 28/02/04 at 22:47
Regular
"Mole Hole"
Fri 27/02/04 at 21:37
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I would, except there won't be any one situated anywhere near me.
Fri 27/02/04 at 15:18
Regular
"PRO EVO MASTER"
im entering the national league,the bath league,

beware every one im unbeatable at this game
Fri 27/02/04 at 11:06
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Anyone here participating in the Official National Pro Evo 3 Tournament?
Thu 26/02/04 at 22:41
Regular
"The Red Shift"
bit late for tonight, but...

wingers (alot of goals come from my wingers cutting in)-
take it from full back to over half way. pass, pass, pass across midfield to left centre and run parallel to the line and try and guide and goad your striker forward, by running quite slowly and sometimes up his ass. the full back comes to you and you L1 + triangle or just triangle.

midfield (im brilliant at 1 touch passing)-
tackle, take 2 steps and pass. from here on just do one touch passing all the way. have someone good at heading who's in there just for winning headers from goal kicks and freekicks.

defending (im amazing at this)-
select a distant player and draw him in leaving the close one. slide early with the one brought in. if he fails, then stay a tiny bit off with the other and slide at an angle infront of the striker. if the player is tussling with your defender, judge whether you should rush your keeper upto the pen spot.

cant say alot for up front, because i block and create loads and loads of goals, but my conversion rate is shocking. i would recommend, beckham, henry, shevchenko and buffon(by far the best keeper in the game) are in your squad.

good luck :)
Thu 26/02/04 at 19:17
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
Use R2 and a direction when dribbling. Best tip.
Thu 26/02/04 at 18:57
"High polygon count"
PES3 night tonight!

Any last-minute tips to help us avoid going broke will be much appreciated!
Wed 25/02/04 at 17:27
"High polygon count"
tributé wrote:
> Oh, and if you only buy 1 forward all game, make it the Fowler

Are you serious?!
Wed 25/02/04 at 17:20
Regular
Damn it, I accidentaly put the hint in the review section. Eventually I got to the correct section and posted it.
Wed 25/02/04 at 17:12
Regular
I think I'll post that hint at ukhints.com

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.