GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Manhunt for PS2. Too nasty? Naah"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Manhunt'.
Thu 26/02/04 at 08:51
Regular
"Proper bo selecta!!"
Well i got this great game for my last birthday in december after he bought it off of this great site. Respect to special reserve. It did take a while to get into because of the controls just aswell as tactics. You can tell by looking at the box that this game is going to be very bloody and very violent amoungst the occasional swear word. Through the game the tactics don't change that much. You just work your way through the ghetto type levels while slaughtering all who you find with plastic bags, wires, hammers, knives and a whole range of gun which you can get. This game just seems to get better and better as you progress with the enemy getting better weapons which you need to get to progress. Well i will finish there because i haven't come on here to write a review. I was just wondering what you all thought. Are these sort of games a bit too violent and gory for being put on a computer where the majority of buyers are under 16. This game is of course an 18 so no-one under that age should be able to get their hands on it. Whoever thought this must have just not really looked into it or even cared. As for example sites on the internet like this one, amazon, play.com and all the rest sell these games. I am not sure myself but do they ask for verification of age before letting this unknown person buy the game. They cannot really be certain that this person is not under the age. So since this type of game is getting into the younger generation without enough parental verification? Actually i don't know. Are any of you under 18 preferably under 16 because i want to see what sorts are playing this game where you can slit someones stomach with glass, chop their head off with a meat cleaver or smash them in the face with a hammer. Does this game put ideas into peoples head?It may seem a stupid question but it could be true. Think about music. Eminem for example. He has caused a couple of child deaths after insecure children have listened to the music and got ideas of what to do. There was also a band or something years ago where four or so boys killed themselves because they thought the music told them to. This was known as one of them survived. Who knows how old the youngest person to play manhunt was. Got any views, ideas, arguments or anything you wanna say please say it.
Thu 26/02/04 at 08:51
Regular
"Proper bo selecta!!"
Well i got this great game for my last birthday in december after he bought it off of this great site. Respect to special reserve. It did take a while to get into because of the controls just aswell as tactics. You can tell by looking at the box that this game is going to be very bloody and very violent amoungst the occasional swear word. Through the game the tactics don't change that much. You just work your way through the ghetto type levels while slaughtering all who you find with plastic bags, wires, hammers, knives and a whole range of gun which you can get. This game just seems to get better and better as you progress with the enemy getting better weapons which you need to get to progress. Well i will finish there because i haven't come on here to write a review. I was just wondering what you all thought. Are these sort of games a bit too violent and gory for being put on a computer where the majority of buyers are under 16. This game is of course an 18 so no-one under that age should be able to get their hands on it. Whoever thought this must have just not really looked into it or even cared. As for example sites on the internet like this one, amazon, play.com and all the rest sell these games. I am not sure myself but do they ask for verification of age before letting this unknown person buy the game. They cannot really be certain that this person is not under the age. So since this type of game is getting into the younger generation without enough parental verification? Actually i don't know. Are any of you under 18 preferably under 16 because i want to see what sorts are playing this game where you can slit someones stomach with glass, chop their head off with a meat cleaver or smash them in the face with a hammer. Does this game put ideas into peoples head?It may seem a stupid question but it could be true. Think about music. Eminem for example. He has caused a couple of child deaths after insecure children have listened to the music and got ideas of what to do. There was also a band or something years ago where four or so boys killed themselves because they thought the music told them to. This was known as one of them survived. Who knows how old the youngest person to play manhunt was. Got any views, ideas, arguments or anything you wanna say please say it.
Thu 26/02/04 at 08:54
Regular
Good game, yes. But use paragraphs! My eyes hurt now :(

I stopped playing Manhunt when I got hold of Prince of Persia. Don't think I could go back to it now. It wasn't 'great' enough to bring me back.
Sat 28/02/04 at 15:16
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I recently got Manhunt as well. It rules!

But I'm stuck on 'Border Patrol' when you have to break into Starkweathers mansion. Has anyone got any tips?
Sat 28/02/04 at 15:43
"period drama"
Muh.
The worst game I've ever played.
Tedious, badly designed, lamest controls ever.

My ears have started bleeding just thinking about it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.