GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Devastation - worth buying?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Devastation'.
Thu 26/02/04 at 11:46
Regular
A certain website is offering this game for £3.99 when bought with anything else.

Looks to be decent, but looks can be deceiving as we all know.

So, would ye recommend it?
Tue 02/03/04 at 09:56
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Devastation is a mixed bag. It is certainly rough, unpolished, and vastly flawed, but there were certain enjoyable moments. It has a style of it's own.
I wouldn't recommend Devastation, but you could do a lot worse....
Sat 28/02/04 at 10:08
Regular
Oh,and I never bothered with it in the end. Thanks for your input guys - you saved me from making a potentially bad decision!
Sat 28/02/04 at 10:07
Regular
Aye,'tis looking good on the PC gaming front in the coming Months!
Sat 28/02/04 at 01:58
Regular
And ut2004? Deus Ex was poor though..
Fri 27/02/04 at 16:40
Regular
Slow month this month but next month Far Cry and Deus Ex: Invisible War should turn up the heat a little.
Fri 27/02/04 at 16:39
Regular
And I'd never have guessed it uses the Unreal 2 engine, because it's simply a load of excrement.
Fri 27/02/04 at 16:38
Regular
The Game appears to be Pitiful, judging from the demo.
Thu 26/02/04 at 12:47
Regular
"A man with a stick"
It might be worth it at that price depending on how desperate you are for a brand new action game, but don't expect much because the demo I played was terrible. The worst use of the Unreal 2 engine, dull level design, moronic AI the list goes on, but the problem I had where the spawn points.

There are spawn point for both you and your team and you enemy and a bit of tactics come into play as you have hunt down and destroy the enemy spawn base to prevent further attacks. The problems with this are you'll spend most levels fighting through waves and waves of enemies to reach the objective, they're constant and this repetitive action drags on. Also, since you have a spawn point, which also acts as a cloning area where you'll reappear when you get killed, it's not a hard game either. When you die you just clone and repeat the same old 'run, kill, die' tactics again and again.

Of course I am just rating this game on the 2 demo levels I played, don't know what the full game is like, maybe it's better but still, even at that price I'd still be wary.
Thu 26/02/04 at 11:46
Regular
A certain website is offering this game for £3.99 when bought with anything else.

Looks to be decent, but looks can be deceiving as we all know.

So, would ye recommend it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.