GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Evolution of this Site"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/08/01 at 22:26
Regular
I have become a fairly irregular visitor to this sight. (mainly due to things like work exams and games) and I have just been bumped off the top 100 posters a couple of days ago. I just wanted to say its interesting to see how this site has evolved since it started. Only Grix,Ant,me and a couple of others (and are still around)have been here since somewhere near the start about 500 days ago (I won game a day sometime last june). Its amazing how quickly this site has grown. In the begining for the first 3 months posts were very irregular. We averaged about 15 every day and it was months before the first forum past 1000 posts. Last Summer the most popular forums were N64, Perfect Dark and Future of Gaming. Now it has changed dramatically the posts must approach the thousand mark each day all the forums are buzzing however the n64 one is dying of a bit. The major posters from the earlier days are falling down the posters list and are being replaced by newer wider range of members with new ideas and opinions and the site is growing quickly. Sometimes I think there are to many Junk posts but generally the quality of peoples posts has increased in the last couple of months. Originally the site was just a big white list with blue writing with all threads following onto each other. The site has become somuch asier to navigate in its new form. I'll probably start posting a bit more regularly now as I like the way the site has changed and I hope it continues to grow with hopefully new and interesting material.
How do other older members feel about how the site has grown up?
Wed 08/08/01 at 22:26
Regular
I have become a fairly irregular visitor to this sight. (mainly due to things like work exams and games) and I have just been bumped off the top 100 posters a couple of days ago. I just wanted to say its interesting to see how this site has evolved since it started. Only Grix,Ant,me and a couple of others (and are still around)have been here since somewhere near the start about 500 days ago (I won game a day sometime last june). Its amazing how quickly this site has grown. In the begining for the first 3 months posts were very irregular. We averaged about 15 every day and it was months before the first forum past 1000 posts. Last Summer the most popular forums were N64, Perfect Dark and Future of Gaming. Now it has changed dramatically the posts must approach the thousand mark each day all the forums are buzzing however the n64 one is dying of a bit. The major posters from the earlier days are falling down the posters list and are being replaced by newer wider range of members with new ideas and opinions and the site is growing quickly. Sometimes I think there are to many Junk posts but generally the quality of peoples posts has increased in the last couple of months. Originally the site was just a big white list with blue writing with all threads following onto each other. The site has become somuch asier to navigate in its new form. I'll probably start posting a bit more regularly now as I like the way the site has changed and I hope it continues to grow with hopefully new and interesting material.
How do other older members feel about how the site has grown up?
Wed 08/08/01 at 22:32
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
intersting spelling of "site"
Wed 08/08/01 at 22:35
Regular
semajal wrote:
> intersting spelling of "site"

Interesting spelling of interesting
Wed 08/08/01 at 22:38
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
interesting

Thats a much more complicated word than "site" isn't it!
Wed 08/08/01 at 22:41
Regular
Yeah but I spelled site correctly abot ten times you spelled interesting wrong every time. Aha caught out by statistics. Also my post was far longer so a few mistakes can be expected.
Wed 08/08/01 at 22:44
Regular
And it was you who made a mistaake while pointing out mistakes. I am victorious!
Fri 10/08/01 at 14:03
Perhaps it's for the better. There are some things however that are for the worse... There's always one good thing, and one bad thing really.

1) The site is much easier to navigate, and to easily reach posts.

And to counteract that: Turbonutter has returned.

2) Gameaday is a huge success, with now bonus gads popping up all over the place.

Counteract: Newbies are now popping up all other the place, writing a load of crap and wondering why they don't win.

3) The stories have come on leaps and bounds, and are now part of SR culture.

Counteract: Turbonutter has returned.

It's a shame really.
Fri 10/08/01 at 14:14
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
That's not really a very nice thing to say.
Fri 10/08/01 at 14:32
No, really, I'm flattering you.
Fri 10/08/01 at 14:33
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Heh, if you say so!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.