GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is the best looking Gamecube game?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/08/01 at 20:53
Regular
Star Wars:Rouge Leader is looking good graphic wise but i think Luigi's Mansion will be the best game.(its about time Luigi got his own game anyway).
Wed 08/08/01 at 20:53
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Star Wars:Rouge Leader is looking good graphic wise but i think Luigi's Mansion will be the best game.(its about time Luigi got his own game anyway).
Wed 08/08/01 at 21:26
Regular
Are u sure you dont read NOM?
Wed 08/08/01 at 21:36
He's thinking about it...
Wed 08/08/01 at 21:40
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
So far, Rogue Leader 2 is the, graphically, most advanced game. But I'm sure we're gonna see quite a few new games at Space World (including, hopefully Mario in his own game) which will impress to a greater extent than the E3 titles.
Wed 08/08/01 at 22:15
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
i do not read NOM. why do you keep comin up with all this
Thu 09/08/01 at 01:55
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Eternal Darkness is the best looking GC game I've seen.
Thu 09/08/01 at 08:10
Regular
"not dead"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Eternal Darkness is the best looking GC game I've seen.

From in-game graphics, it certainly looks highly impressive.

I'm not too impressed with the look of Star Fox Adventures. Yet. But I'm sure that it will play well.

The in-game footage of Luigis Mansion is superb. The ghosts look awesome.

Rogue Leader is also amongst the 'prettiest' GCN games.
Thu 09/08/01 at 08:30
Regular
"DS..."
I reckon that Starfox Adventures is the best looking gamecube game at the moment, but i reckon it might have been better if Rare had kept the original characters and plot, but that's Rare for ya, you never know what there gonna do next, the second best gamecube game in my opinion WAS raven blade, but seeing as it was cancelled, i think that the second best looking gamecube game is Super Smash Bro's Melee, but i could be wrong because Star Wars Rouge Leader, look's just as good, possibly better, but there's not much in it.
But what good are earth shattering graphics, if the game play's really sluggish, when i buy game's i look for playability as well as look's, because a game can look visually stunning but still be let down by the controls, battle system e.t.c, take alone in the dark on GBC it has brilliant graphics that really push the GBC to the limit's but as soon as you go into battle, it's difficult to target, your character can't run, if you run out of ammo you die instantly, and you can hardly see what's going on.
Anyway i reckon the best thing to do is to wait for about a week or two untill after the game's come out, by then people will have more or less made a judgement to wheteher the gameplay is good or lame, but it depends on the individual, because different people like different games, so maybe it's best to rent the game and judge for yourself before you buy, oh well i'm sure we are bound to have at least a few amazing games for the gamecube that will not only look good but play like a dream as well, only time will tell, but one thing's for sure, the future of games is going to be very interesting...
slik ?_?
Thu 09/08/01 at 08:32
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
donkey kong racing looks pretty good and that eternal darkness game was given alot of praise , and like slik said starfox adventures looks pretty good to , to be honest i think that all of them look ace !
Thu 09/08/01 at 08:35
Regular
"DS..."
like i said, only time will tell...
slik ?_?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.