GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/08/01 at 20:37
Regular
Playstation 3??

Design's for the playstation 3 are going to be discussed by the end of this year. Idea's have been drifting about, Sony are thinking about making the machine compatible with a monitor. The playstation 3 is going to have some of the best feature's around such as a CD re-writer, mouse and speaker's. The Playstation 3 shall include a dvd player which has a zoom in feature. So far though not much of this stuff has been confirmed. The realese date shalll be late 2002 or middle 2003 of course these realese date's are later than what the Japanese get. But over all the Japanese deserve to get it as they were the one's who made it.

Just found out!!
Wed 08/08/01 at 22:21
Regular
"Back For Good"
I've got a friend who works in computing and he said a couple of years before the PS2 release that the PS2 will be released in 2000 and the PS3 is to be released in 2005.

He's right so far!!!
Wed 08/08/01 at 22:19
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
i have a theory that the rumour that Sony were designing the PS3 so shortly after the release of the PS2, was probably started by one of its rivals (Microsoft most likely) to slow the sales of the PS2
Wed 08/08/01 at 22:11
Regular
DanDaGr8 wrote:
> telling truthfully, and the fact that its at least 4 years away i
> dontthink we need to think about that yet

I agree its just over one year since the Ps2 launched in Japan and even a less period since the UK version launched here, this shows that the PS2 is very young and still has great potential which hasn't been used yet so PS3 could be very far away depending on the success of the PS2 after the launch of Xbox and Gamecube.
Wed 08/08/01 at 22:03
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
TILTAWHIRL wrote:
> Are they really gonna call it playstation 3?

depends on the overall sucess of the playstation2 at the end of its lifespan, if its a sucess (very likely) they may keep the Playstation name, and the opposite if it isn't. There's no way of telling truthfully, and the fact that its at least 4 years away i dontthink we need to think about that yet
Wed 08/08/01 at 21:02
Regular
Are they really gonna call it playstation 3?
Wed 08/08/01 at 20:58
Here's what i posted a while ago:

>10/07/2001 at 1.16AM
>Yes, that's right the Play Station 3. I've just seen a >report on the Game Network (channel 223 for all those >digital viewers) in one of those short news flashes they >have now and again.
>Anyway the report. They claim that IBM will be making the >processor for the PS3 and that is will be a very small >sized processor (they did say the size but i didn't catch >it all). It is also said that the processor will be more >powerful than "Deep Blue" (that's the big computer that >beat the chess champion of the world) and the release date >for the PS3.....2004 which doesn't seem that long to me. >I'm not sure whether this news is official or unofficial >so if you've heard different say so. What does everybody >else think?

>Darkreaper
Wed 08/08/01 at 20:56
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
The PS3 won't be around for at least 4 years as the main processor "The Cell" which is being designed by IBM won't be ready for mass production unil then. Sorry if that disapoints you. All the rest of the stuff you said is just speculation as what some want and think it might have. Until sony release an official statement (which is unlikely to happen as it would damage PS2 sales) then don't believe what you read.
Wed 08/08/01 at 20:37
Regular
Playstation 3??

Design's for the playstation 3 are going to be discussed by the end of this year. Idea's have been drifting about, Sony are thinking about making the machine compatible with a monitor. The playstation 3 is going to have some of the best feature's around such as a CD re-writer, mouse and speaker's. The Playstation 3 shall include a dvd player which has a zoom in feature. So far though not much of this stuff has been confirmed. The realese date shalll be late 2002 or middle 2003 of course these realese date's are later than what the Japanese get. But over all the Japanese deserve to get it as they were the one's who made it.

Just found out!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.