GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console Views"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/02/04 at 10:58
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
This is what i think of the three top-selling consoles of 2004:

Gamecube: The GC is a great console with a very smooth and silent fan, it has some of the most enjoyable games ever on it, it also has great game legends eg. Metroid Prime, Mario and sonic. The GC doesn't get as much praise as the other two consoles, i think the GC is the best games console you can get a bargain for, £79.99 for a GC and a game if you browse around the right places, the GC is definately well worth the money.
GOOD POINT: Very cheap, well worth buying.
BAD POINT: No online games.

Playstation 2: The PS2 is a great powerful machine, it is the oldest of the three consoles but with the Silver Version's release it has got rid of some og those bad points eg. The very noisy fan. Although it is the oldest console of the three it doesn't mean its not powerful, the PS2 also has some of the most enjoyable games and also has had loads of games with stunning Grahics, eg.Final Fantasy X-2, Metal Gear Solid and loads more. With the PS2 capable of playing PS1 games it makes the Playstation's catalogue of games even bigger, another graet feature for the PS2 is the online gaming, the online gaming is great, its a whole new gaming experience for everyone, you can even speak to people over the net via USB headset!
GOOD POINT: Online Gaming.
BAD POINT: Lots of poor games that have made the PS2 look old.

Microsoft XBOX: The XBOX is the most powerful console out of the three, it is quite new but has already impressed many people with its graphic compatabilaties and the great games it has for offer. The XBOX also has online gaming which makes it a graet game for gamers who like online play and great graphics, it has alot of game, not as much as PS2 but thats is because it was released later than the PS2. When Multi-Platform games are released, magazines always show the XBOX versions screenshots, this is because of its great graphics and stunning realism. Lots of people moan about the XBOX's controllers, they say its to big, i do nt agrre with that, i like all the consoles controllers because they're all good for a certain type of game, the GC's is good for platforms, the PS2 is good for stealth and the XBOX is good for Beat-em-up games. The XBOX is probably the second cheapest of the three so it is worth getting seeing as its the most powerful console yet.
GOOD POINT: Stunning graphics.
BAD POINT: Not alot of games as it is new.

I have a PS2 but i like all the three consoles, what do you think of the three consoles, whats your best features about them?
Sat 28/02/04 at 17:57
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I own a PS2 and a GC and I think the PS2 is much better. But Game Cube do have some great games: eg Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine and Zelda: The Wind Waker.
Sat 28/02/04 at 17:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Oh goody another console topic, this is exactly what this forum needs
*sarcasm detector blows up*
Sat 28/02/04 at 16:42
Regular
"??????"
PS2 - Great
GC - Excellent
Xbox - Bad
Sat 28/02/04 at 16:38
Regular
NBA Legend wrote:
> I have a PS2 but i like all the three consoles, what do you think of
> the three consoles, whats your best features about them?

PS2 has a lot of games available.
GC has some very good exclusive games like Resident Evil 4 etc.
Xbox has an inbuilt Hard Disk Drive.

The PS2 is my favourite, I like the GC but I dont like the Xbox.
Sat 28/02/04 at 10:58
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
This is what i think of the three top-selling consoles of 2004:

Gamecube: The GC is a great console with a very smooth and silent fan, it has some of the most enjoyable games ever on it, it also has great game legends eg. Metroid Prime, Mario and sonic. The GC doesn't get as much praise as the other two consoles, i think the GC is the best games console you can get a bargain for, £79.99 for a GC and a game if you browse around the right places, the GC is definately well worth the money.
GOOD POINT: Very cheap, well worth buying.
BAD POINT: No online games.

Playstation 2: The PS2 is a great powerful machine, it is the oldest of the three consoles but with the Silver Version's release it has got rid of some og those bad points eg. The very noisy fan. Although it is the oldest console of the three it doesn't mean its not powerful, the PS2 also has some of the most enjoyable games and also has had loads of games with stunning Grahics, eg.Final Fantasy X-2, Metal Gear Solid and loads more. With the PS2 capable of playing PS1 games it makes the Playstation's catalogue of games even bigger, another graet feature for the PS2 is the online gaming, the online gaming is great, its a whole new gaming experience for everyone, you can even speak to people over the net via USB headset!
GOOD POINT: Online Gaming.
BAD POINT: Lots of poor games that have made the PS2 look old.

Microsoft XBOX: The XBOX is the most powerful console out of the three, it is quite new but has already impressed many people with its graphic compatabilaties and the great games it has for offer. The XBOX also has online gaming which makes it a graet game for gamers who like online play and great graphics, it has alot of game, not as much as PS2 but thats is because it was released later than the PS2. When Multi-Platform games are released, magazines always show the XBOX versions screenshots, this is because of its great graphics and stunning realism. Lots of people moan about the XBOX's controllers, they say its to big, i do nt agrre with that, i like all the consoles controllers because they're all good for a certain type of game, the GC's is good for platforms, the PS2 is good for stealth and the XBOX is good for Beat-em-up games. The XBOX is probably the second cheapest of the three so it is worth getting seeing as its the most powerful console yet.
GOOD POINT: Stunning graphics.
BAD POINT: Not alot of games as it is new.

I have a PS2 but i like all the three consoles, what do you think of the three consoles, whats your best features about them?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.