GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo forever!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/08/01 at 14:55
Regular
Here´s some of Nintendo´s biggest phenomen ever:

Mario Bros.: A classic in its own right, and a string of awesome platformers. Even the classic Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. games are awesome, let alone the full-blown platformers. The RPGs have been a wonderful touch to the series as well.
The Legend of Zelda An excellent Action/RPG series which is famous for its cinematic and atmospheric style. The additional puzzle-solving style makes up for the lack of turn-based battles in keeping those brainstems alive while playing (can you imagine a purely hack-and-slash Zelda game? Heaven forbid!)

Pokémon: A basic RPG that's good for beginners, and not very developed storywise. However, the best part of this game is the multiplayer turn-based battles. The one-on-one style coupled with the insane number of possible team combinations and attack combinations makes for a complex and thought-provoking experience. Hang around in the more mature Pokémon circles for a while and you'll soon see what I'm talking about.

Kirby: A basic platform series that's easy to get to grips with. Plenty of secret things that are fun to find, and can sometimes increase the challenge level significantly. A fun series, but a little too basic at times (the original Kirby's Dream Land was wayyy too short, even for a Kirby game).

Metroid: Makes Zelda look as atmospheric as Pac Man. Metroid's interwoven plot, amazing music and scary unknown atmosphere captures the spirit of hunting for creatures on an unknown alien world very well. Super Metroid is easily one of the most complete and refined games that has ever been created.

Nintendo-made games very rarely lack something that makes them original and special. And yes, I do love Pokémon just as much as the others, because I have seen the level of thought and fun it creates.
Tue 21/08/01 at 17:01
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
i have those 2 and thps2. it has amazing graphics.
Mon 20/08/01 at 08:56
Regular
"DS..."
mario advance and F-zero at the mo, because those are the only two games i've got at the moment, but i'm going to get some more in the next month or two, possibly mario kart and then i'll probaly wait for another decent game to come out like Rouge spear or sabre wulf!
slik ~_~
Sun 19/08/01 at 19:47
That's nice. SO what games do you play on your GBA, slik?
Sat 18/08/01 at 10:00
Regular
"DS..."
...nuff said!
slik ~_~
Sat 18/08/01 at 09:59
Regular
"DS..."
... and played on my GBA...
slik ~_~
Sat 18/08/01 at 09:58
Regular
"DS..."
... then i got bored...
slik ~_~
Sat 18/08/01 at 09:58
Regular
"DS..."
... but only for about 10 minutes...
slik ~_~
Sat 18/08/01 at 09:57
Regular
"DS..."
... with the sound off of course...
slik ~_~
Sat 18/08/01 at 09:56
Regular
"DS..."
actually i was playing the original Tetris the other day...
slik ~_~
Wed 15/08/01 at 00:33
Wonder who still plays it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.