GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I Still can't believe it"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/08/01 at 13:20
Regular
I still can't get to terms how capcom fitted the whole of Resident Evil 2 on a 64 mb cart, All of the 6 scenarios (Claire A,B Leon A,B Hunk,Tofu) were included with extra files and better character models but even with NO loading times the game played exactly the same as the original because of the way the playstation cleverly blends the loading times in with the menu and doors.

The Character Models were enhanced and are supposed to look even better with the N64's expansion pack but even so they looked near enough the same with texture mapping enabled on a Playstation 2.

I was amazed to see the FMV's running on the N64 but you wouldn't notice it on a normal TV but with 8 large speakers in my room I noticed the sound on both the FMV's and in game wasn't as good and clear as it is with other versions, I'm told it's because of the massive compression needed to fit the game onto the very small cartridge.

The extra files weren't as good as I expected, I thought they were files to fill in the blanks of some unfinished
story plots but were just reports from Chris, the gun shop owner,Jill and some others. Are these extras worth paying 3 and a half times more than the PS version?, Propably not but if you only own a Nintendo 64 then it's worth getting anyway.

This is the only Resident Evil game to appear on the N64 and is most likely one of the very few mature titles on the console but if you're looking for a masterpiece of survival horror then this is for you.
Wed 08/08/01 at 15:00
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I don't like the Resi series but that might be because I am not very good at them, but thinking about it they are good games!
Wed 08/08/01 at 14:47
Regular
"Back For Good"
haha oh well, so much for my topic.
I've got this thing with Nintendo owners that whenever we come the slightest bit near each other it usally ends up with battetanks, but the strange thing is I hold nothing against Nintendo it's just Nintendo owners are usally the one's constantly dissing sony and i just can't stand it, nevermind :)
Wed 08/08/01 at 14:38
Regular
Sorry man i will try not t be so biased next time, but resi 2 is crap :0)
Wed 08/08/01 at 14:37
Regular
"Back For Good"
kinda replied to this in the other topic but everyone's got their own taste of games.
Wed 08/08/01 at 14:34
Regular
Look mate you seem to have me all wrong I haven't got a bad attitude towards the PLaystation theres quite a few games that I enjoy on it. But resi evil 2 did not impress me at all.
Wed 08/08/01 at 14:29
Regular
"Back For Good"
Isn't it a coincidence that everyone with a bad attitude to the playstation and full denial that the N64 is childish,has no problems whatso ever and offer great games at resonable prices.

mmm funny how it's always Nintendo owners.
Wed 08/08/01 at 14:14
Regular
Hmmm im not mature, so your sayin your mature cause u like games with zombies and buckets of blood. Hmmmm dont call me stupid but i wouldnt call that the most mature game ever.
Wed 08/08/01 at 14:04
Regular
"Back For Good"
by the sound of it you're not very mature are you!
Stick with run and jump and i'm sure you'll be fine!
Wed 08/08/01 at 14:00
Regular
Ö~ Res€vilfan ~Ö wrote:
Not impressed maybe it's just a too bigger step from the
> pokemon world and the mushroom kingdom,

No maybe its just too bigger step back from the mushroom kingdom and Hyrule, after the sought of freedom you get in masterpieces such as Zelda and Mario 64, the linear crappness of Resident Evil 2 is about as impressive as a blind hamster.
Wed 08/08/01 at 13:49
Regular
"Back For Good"
The puzzles are a bit dull and simple but they're good enough, Code Veronica took a different step to these and blended them more into the game.The game has dated a bit because how old is it now? a good few years anyway but even so it's still a classic and the combat is awful? you said well like all conversions the N64 game runs slower and isn't as easy to move but it coud do with a few of the moves in the new game but combat easpecially the knife takes skill and is perfectly fine, let me guess you used automatic aiming right haha.

Not impressed maybe it's just a too bigger step from the pokemon world and the mushroom kingdom,If Capcom had made the surroundings "destrucible" which was originally planned in the first game the walls would have looked like the tomb raider games which would just completly spoiled it, The surroundings in CV are fully 3D and who knows in Res 4 they may just be.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.