GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Street Fighter or King of Fighters?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/08/01 at 02:18
Regular
This is basically for the beet-um-up fans ok!

Right then here are two very good beet-em-up series but what I want to know is which one you think is the best!

STREET FIGHTER - For me it represents the phrase beet-em-up. It as been with me all the way through childhood I loved it since the very fist instance I took a hold of the arcade stick and played the game, which was of course street fighter 2. I played the arcade version, the music the characters I loved it all. It made me wish that I had mounds of change to keep playing as my favourate character RYU. Since that day I have enjoyed pounding people with RYU in this series. My favourate game of the series at the mo street fighter alpha 3 (I welcome any challangers) with the cool look of the game the combo's the special moves, it has me infront of a bright screen for hours on end practacing, striving to become the best player ever (which of course will probably never happen).
All I can say for this is CAPCOM keep it up dont let people keep saying "oh the series is getting old, its all the same blah blah blah" cos I love them all and frown apon people who dis this awsome series.

KING OF FIGHTERS - What this is to me is like snes vs megadrive both very good the only two main competitors in the arina (though of course in that instance the snes kicked butt sorry sega I like u but it was true). I like this series allthough I have only being playing the games for a couple of months or so I can see why it is enjoyed by beet-em-up fans all over the world. The animations etc of this game where better than street fighters from the start but now I think they are about matched. The music in this series is amazing they are tunes you can really tap ur feet to whilst performing ur best move which will probably kill ur aponant. The backgrounds in this series are also brill, I especially like the one in KOF99 in the air port, it changes after each round, pure class! I like the games but for me they are much harder to get into and the moves are much more difficult to perform, well the ones that look really really good and drain ur apponants energy are anyway.
All I can say for this game is thats its a very good game and SNK keep it up!

But as I said at the start which is better the street fighter series or the king of fighters series?

For me the winner is the street fighter series but dont hate me for it if u dont like my opinion (and thats all it is) just tell me which one you think is the best and why.
Wed 08/08/01 at 02:18
This is basically for the beet-um-up fans ok!

Right then here are two very good beet-em-up series but what I want to know is which one you think is the best!

STREET FIGHTER - For me it represents the phrase beet-em-up. It as been with me all the way through childhood I loved it since the very fist instance I took a hold of the arcade stick and played the game, which was of course street fighter 2. I played the arcade version, the music the characters I loved it all. It made me wish that I had mounds of change to keep playing as my favourate character RYU. Since that day I have enjoyed pounding people with RYU in this series. My favourate game of the series at the mo street fighter alpha 3 (I welcome any challangers) with the cool look of the game the combo's the special moves, it has me infront of a bright screen for hours on end practacing, striving to become the best player ever (which of course will probably never happen).
All I can say for this is CAPCOM keep it up dont let people keep saying "oh the series is getting old, its all the same blah blah blah" cos I love them all and frown apon people who dis this awsome series.

KING OF FIGHTERS - What this is to me is like snes vs megadrive both very good the only two main competitors in the arina (though of course in that instance the snes kicked butt sorry sega I like u but it was true). I like this series allthough I have only being playing the games for a couple of months or so I can see why it is enjoyed by beet-em-up fans all over the world. The animations etc of this game where better than street fighters from the start but now I think they are about matched. The music in this series is amazing they are tunes you can really tap ur feet to whilst performing ur best move which will probably kill ur aponant. The backgrounds in this series are also brill, I especially like the one in KOF99 in the air port, it changes after each round, pure class! I like the games but for me they are much harder to get into and the moves are much more difficult to perform, well the ones that look really really good and drain ur apponants energy are anyway.
All I can say for this game is thats its a very good game and SNK keep it up!

But as I said at the start which is better the street fighter series or the king of fighters series?

For me the winner is the street fighter series but dont hate me for it if u dont like my opinion (and thats all it is) just tell me which one you think is the best and why.
Wed 08/08/01 at 02:25
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Out of the 2D fighters, personally I'd go for the Street Fighter series, Capcom always seemed to get it just right.

Nowadays though, I've gone more towards Namco and Midway with their 3D look as in Soul Calibur and Mortal Kombat Gold, if you're going to be fighting for a few hours solid it's nice to have something good to watch whilst you're doing it.

Out of ALL of the fighters, my all time favourite was Sub Zero on Mortal Kombat for the 16-bit Megadrive, probably because he was the first fighter that I actually managed to master all the moves with and complete the game.
Wed 08/08/01 at 02:28
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Definately street fighter, if you could master Ryu, you could beat anyone.
Wed 08/08/01 at 09:50
Street Fighter is the best!!!

Ken is better than Ryu!!!

I could kick your ar$e!!!!!!!!!

(alpha 3)
Wed 08/08/01 at 12:06
Regular
Street fighter and yes Ken is definetly the best, I would Ko u in say 10 seconds.
Wed 08/08/01 at 22:56
TILTAWHIRL wrote:
> Street fighter and yes Ken is definetly the best, I would Ko u in
> say 10 seconds.

Any time anywhere any place! I will destroy u simplton!

Anyway back to the question!
which series is better can u tell me what u think as u know what I think.
Wed 08/08/01 at 23:00
Regular
Fool I will dragon punch your character out of the TV!

But anyway its gotta be Street Fighter definetly, im not sure about all these Alpha X2 vs capcom vs X men nonsense i just like the originals, Super and Turbo classic games they will never be beaten.
Wed 08/08/01 at 23:03
TILTAWHIRL wrote:
> Fool I will dragon punch your character out of the TV!

But anyway
> its gotta be Street Fighter definetly, im not sure about all these
> Alpha X2 vs capcom vs X men nonsense i just like the originals,
> Super and Turbo classic games they will never be beaten.

get in touch wiv me if u want a rally of street fighter alpha 3 My icq no# is 109760295
or e-mail me at [email protected]
Thu 09/08/01 at 00:54
I could kick all your a$$es!

I've not been beaten in 5 years!! (no lie)

I also won a couple of tournaments in my time!

KEN IS THE BEST!!!!!!

(ANY version. You pick, I'll win)
Thu 09/08/01 at 01:33
is anyone going to answer the post properly or just challenge me to a dual of street fighter?

if u want a challange icq me or email me ok.

I just want to know what ur answer is to my original post!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.