GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/08/01 at 01:02
Regular
My idea for a game is basically a rip-off of another game. Crazy taxi. (Just like a normal developers idea then : ) )
Except this time you are an ambulance driver and have to race around cities rescuing the injured and dying. Your radio gives you the location of each of your jobs and you have a certain amount of time to get to each person. Points are awarded for how well you drive (Crazier the better) and how quickly you pick them up and take them to the hospital.
You can exchange your point for modifications to your ambulance like spoilers, alloy wheels, stereo's, better engine(just like in the GT series).

Your objective is to become the best driver at the hospital.
Wed 08/08/01 at 01:02
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
My idea for a game is basically a rip-off of another game. Crazy taxi. (Just like a normal developers idea then : ) )
Except this time you are an ambulance driver and have to race around cities rescuing the injured and dying. Your radio gives you the location of each of your jobs and you have a certain amount of time to get to each person. Points are awarded for how well you drive (Crazier the better) and how quickly you pick them up and take them to the hospital.
You can exchange your point for modifications to your ambulance like spoilers, alloy wheels, stereo's, better engine(just like in the GT series).

Your objective is to become the best driver at the hospital.
Wed 08/08/01 at 10:38
Regular
A similar game to this already exists.

It's an arcade game called: "Emergency Call Ambulance".

You play as an ambulance driver, and must get accident victims to hospital as quickly as possible avoiding traffic. Bumps and crashes affect the onboard patient. Too many bumps and the patient will die before you arrive at the hospital. It's very similar to Crazy Taxi.

It was due out on Dreamcast in a triple pack with 2 other Sega arcade games "Jambo Safari" and "Brave Firefighters".

I think it's been canned though.
Thu 16/08/01 at 14:57
Hey! - I played Jambo Safari in a Florida arcade and it was great! Why didn't they bring it out?
Thu 16/08/01 at 14:58
And Brave Firefighters! It came with two massive fire hoses! A really good arcade game!
Sat 18/08/01 at 21:36
Regular
"I Feel Depressed!"
Wot About A Game Called "Taxi Driver" Or "Dodgey Dave The Taxi Driver"?

Wot Would Happen Would Be: You Would Be In Control Of A Taxi And You The View Of It Is Inside And You Can See Your Hands On The Wheel And There Would Be Two Modes, Nice And Bad (They Are Perfectic I Know But Thats All I CAn Think Of) The Nice Mode Would Be Picking People Up And Dropping Them Off And Trying To Up Hold The Law To Get The Best Respect In The Town Or City!But The BAd Side Would Invole People Asking You To Deliver Drugs Somewhere Or To Kill SomeOne Or To Act As A GettaWay Driver! When U Kill SomeOne You Can See Your Hand Out Of The Window But Then U HAve Got To Be A Good Shot A Hit The!!

So wot Do Ya Think!!!
PLease!!
Sat 18/08/01 at 21:42
Regular
Are you on drugs? What's with all the CAPITAL LETTERS?

Crazy Taxi with a sniper rifle mode would be more up my street.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.