GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The sims"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/02/04 at 14:13
Regular
"I'm internet crazy!"
I love the sims. I've been looking through all the topics on this forum and so far I have only found 1 sims topic. Does anyone here play the Sims, cuz I'd love to chat about it!!

Thanx Kelseyfan
Fri 19/03/04 at 08:45
Regular
"go madrid"
i am a big fan of sims

so , tell wot ur job Is mine is a SITCOM STAR!
Tue 02/03/04 at 21:01
Regular
"I'm internet crazy!"
I'd agree on the bit about the add-on packs being a cheap way to make money. Some of them are really rubbish.
Sun 29/02/04 at 20:58
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Simville looked great though, combining the AI create a family game-play from the Sims with the city building of Sim City. Essentially you would still be able to create and control your own Sims family, but you'd also be able to design the town where they would work and go for entertainment.

The early screenshots I saw showed off an impressive 3D Graphics engine while the game on a whole sounded a lot less repetitive than the Sims. But EA being EA decided to can the project because they feared that changing the formula of the Sims too much would loose them the fan base that had already grown around the game, so they instead decided to shovel out expansion pack after expansion pack.
Sun 29/02/04 at 20:46
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The Sims is a game that I hate deeply. I can't be bothered to rant now, so here's a review I wrote recently.

http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/customer.php? index=1067115113&specialid=72771
Sun 29/02/04 at 17:31
Regular
Heh...the original Sims was alright but as Cipro said, the expansions were utter crap and just a cheap way to make money.
Sun 29/02/04 at 16:43
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The Sims... I hate the Sims. Actually reading the small review that was given to a new release of the game in PCGamer, I'd have to agree that the Sims was a good game with a fantastic idea that was, instead of developed further by EA, milked dry by the 20 or so of the expansion packs that proceeded it.

I wouldn't have minded so much if these expansions built up on the original premise, but they didn't, they offered nothing but a few extras that could be downloaded for free and one or two gimmicks that remained just that, gimmicks. As for the Sims 2, pffft, not interested in the least.
Sun 29/02/04 at 15:17
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Icarus wrote:
> Okay... isn't it great when your sim who's crap at cooking forgets to
> turn the cooker off and burns the kitchen down?

I will never forget when this happened once and when the fireman came I built a wall around him so that he couldn't escape. Ah well, I had to pay extra tax for him, the lesson is never keep firemen as pets.
Sun 29/02/04 at 15:13
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
lol icarus, you forgot the deleting of the door when the kitchen is burning down, ah a classic
Sun 29/02/04 at 14:49
Okay... isn't it great when your sim who's crap at cooking forgets to turn the cooker off and burns the kitchen down?

And... when your sims go into the pool and you take away the staircase so they can't get out...

Finally... when a Sim wets himself all the time and gets slapped constantly by other Sims, and eventually dies of a broken heart?

Happy now?
Sun 29/02/04 at 14:43
Regular
"I'm internet crazy!"
I know it's not that popular anymore, but I've only just started posting here.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.