GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Soul Calibur 2 for a tenner in Woolworth's!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Soul Calibur 2'.
Sun 29/02/04 at 17:36
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Earlier today, I was in my local woolworths looking at the games and then what did I notice, Soul Calibur 2 with a price tag that said '£9.99'. I thought my eyes were making a mistake so I blinked. But they weren't. A 10/10 game that has been out for a few months for a tenner. Bargain! Then I realised it must be some kind of joke. Is it 2nd hand? Was the disk very badly scrathed? Was it another game in diguise? The answer to all of these questions is no. As I had already spent all my money in the shop I couldn't afford it but I'm defenitly going down tonight and getting it. Ahhhh, the magical world of Woolworths.
Tue 02/03/04 at 15:47
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I was playing the Commodore 64 game IK+ on my PC C64 emulator the
> other day, and I found it more fun than DOA3.

Well that's your problem right there, DOA3 is a piece of ****. VF4:evo is the pinnacle of fighting game evolution. It's amazing. But unless your brain works quickly enough to make decisions in 5 frames of animation, forget ever mastering it.
Tue 02/03/04 at 12:59
Regular
I was eagerly awaiting this title, but after importing the Xbox version and finishing most of it before it was even released over here, I soon realised it was just another beat 'em up.

I've still got it, mind, but it hasn't been played for ages!

If I can get hold of a cheapy GC version, I might pick it purely to play as Link - but then, I might as well rent it.
Tue 02/03/04 at 12:54
"High polygon count"
Maybe they can't shift them full stop.

Let's face it, beat-em-ups are a bit limited and boring compared to other games available these days, aren't they? Apart from prettier graphics and more combos, they haven't really evolved much over the last 9 or 10 years.

I was playing the Commodore 64 game IK+ on my PC C64 emulator the other day, and I found it more fun than DOA3. That was free, or £9.99 when it first came out - and it's only 2D!

I think people want more for their £40 these days.
Tue 02/03/04 at 00:02
Regular
Bloody hell, its been under £20 in most places since January.

The way this game has shot down in price so quickly is quite shocking. Perhaps they just made too many copies of this game and couldnt shift them all at full price.
Mon 01/03/04 at 20:55
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Do you know if this was a genuine, possibly nationwide offer or was
> the batch mis-labelled, meaning they would have to sell the game at
> that price?
>
> Was it PS2 only because I wouldn't mind the GC version?

PS2 only. But I think there's a few cheap GC games there aswell.
Mon 01/03/04 at 16:33
Regular
": ("
I would get myself a copy if i had money left, i spent all of my money on socom 2 and FFX. Its definately a tenner cause i saw the advert, it said "From £9.99" which means some of the games are nine quid or over so i just thought they'd be selling Soul Calibur for about 25 quid, i guess i was wrong. Anyway my cousin has it on Xbox and i've almost completed it, its a great game and very challenging. I just wish it had a storyline, to complete the game you ave to unlock the characters, have to complete Wepon Mater Mode and do the arcade with every character, i think theres more to do but i've forgot.
Mon 01/03/04 at 08:30
Regular
It is a nationwide offer, I was in Woolworths on Saturday and they had this and The Hulk for £14.99. This was PS2 version do not know about other consoles.
Mon 01/03/04 at 07:57
Regular
Do you know if this was a genuine, possibly nationwide offer or was the batch mis-labelled, meaning they would have to sell the game at that price?

Was it PS2 only because I wouldn't mind the GC version?
Sun 29/02/04 at 17:36
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Earlier today, I was in my local woolworths looking at the games and then what did I notice, Soul Calibur 2 with a price tag that said '£9.99'. I thought my eyes were making a mistake so I blinked. But they weren't. A 10/10 game that has been out for a few months for a tenner. Bargain! Then I realised it must be some kind of joke. Is it 2nd hand? Was the disk very badly scrathed? Was it another game in diguise? The answer to all of these questions is no. As I had already spent all my money in the shop I couldn't afford it but I'm defenitly going down tonight and getting it. Ahhhh, the magical world of Woolworths.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.