GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Under the Influence"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/08/01 at 19:27
Regular
It's funny, sometimes. You just need a couple of words or a snippet of music and it all comes flooding back. What the heck am I talking about? Why games of course!

I'm starting to get worried now that I'm too 'into' gaming to be normal, wherever I go I just keep getting reminded of games. It's getting to the stage now where every day I either see a word and think of a games title, or hear some sort of bleep (from a PC or something else) that reminds me of the music or sound effect in the game. If it gets any worse I'll start running around with blue hair and red shoes, stealing gold rings from everyone.

One example happened just today. I was reading a document and suddenly a couple of words caught my eye. They were just some sort of bonds, something like Marin Luagi, but for some reason my brain interpreted this as Mario & Luigi. It doesn't stop their either, I could swear to you that the fax machine's bleep is taken directly from Sonic 2 and that the computer in the background is secretly playing Jet Set willy. I'm sure I've heard someone go past today saying something from Street Fighter 2.

Perhaps there's a gang of people who are planning to help send me on my way to my very own white padded cell, but I think it's just that I've been playing games for most of my life and they are finally having an effect on me.

I therefore think that games should not only have an epilepsy warning, but should also be issued with a health warning reading:

"Caution: these games can cause halucinations, do not (under any circumstances) pretend to be a plumber and jump on tortoises or try to blow bubbles at oncoming ghosts"

if only for the sake of my sanity, which I believe to be fading fast. Now, where did that little bloke with the bomb go to.....
Fri 10/08/01 at 12:33
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I thought this was another one of those three line joke topics when I saw two topics under exactly the same titles?
Fri 10/08/01 at 12:27
SnoopDoggyDan wrote:
i occasionaly thought "i'll save the game at this
> point",

I know what you mean, only once it has happened to me though, I thought, I'll save, so if I fall I can go back here, but then I realised I wasnt playing on my computer!
Fri 10/08/01 at 12:19
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Ta, though yours was funnier...

"Caution: these games can cause halucinations, do not (under any circumstances) pretend to be a plumber and jump on tortoises or try to blow bubbles at oncoming ghosts"

LOL!
Fri 10/08/01 at 12:05
"possibly impossible"
Just popped to see two topics with the same title...

Although I'd say that the other post has better content...
Wed 08/08/01 at 00:18
Hey remember i was at primary school - i probably still believed in 'you know who.....'
Tue 07/08/01 at 21:28
Regular
SnoopDoggyDan wrote:

And when i
> was a lot younger and i played Quest for Glory 1 on my PC, in normal
> life i occasionaly thought "i'll save the game at this
> point", and for a brief moment seriously thought i could do.
> (If only i could!)

i used to think the same when i played on pokemon blue
>!how weired!<
Tue 07/08/01 at 21:03
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Under the influence.....????? Gave me a different idea of what it's really about.

Anyways I have not experienced this before Pb, but I am sure at the rate I am going with my gaming I will be thinking that there is someone around the corner that I need to frag to win a game of Quake 3.

(;o|
Tue 07/08/01 at 19:52
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
SnoopDoggyDan wrote:
> When i started really getting into playing the Sims, i had a couple
> of dream about me in my Sims family. Very bizarre...

And when i
> was a lot younger and i played Quest for Glory 1 on my PC, in normal
> life i occasionaly thought "i'll save the game at this
> point", and for a brief moment seriously thought i could do.
> (If only i could!)

P.S. I'm not strange really. Honest!
Yeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhh, riiiiiiiiigggggggggghhhhhhhhtttt.........
Tue 07/08/01 at 19:33
When i started really getting into playing the Sims, i had a couple of dream about me in my Sims family. Very bizarre...

And when i was a lot younger and i played Quest for Glory 1 on my PC, in normal life i occasionaly thought "i'll save the game at this point", and for a brief moment seriously thought i could do. (If only i could!)

P.S. I'm not strange really. Honest!
Tue 07/08/01 at 19:27
"possibly impossible"
It's funny, sometimes. You just need a couple of words or a snippet of music and it all comes flooding back. What the heck am I talking about? Why games of course!

I'm starting to get worried now that I'm too 'into' gaming to be normal, wherever I go I just keep getting reminded of games. It's getting to the stage now where every day I either see a word and think of a games title, or hear some sort of bleep (from a PC or something else) that reminds me of the music or sound effect in the game. If it gets any worse I'll start running around with blue hair and red shoes, stealing gold rings from everyone.

One example happened just today. I was reading a document and suddenly a couple of words caught my eye. They were just some sort of bonds, something like Marin Luagi, but for some reason my brain interpreted this as Mario & Luigi. It doesn't stop their either, I could swear to you that the fax machine's bleep is taken directly from Sonic 2 and that the computer in the background is secretly playing Jet Set willy. I'm sure I've heard someone go past today saying something from Street Fighter 2.

Perhaps there's a gang of people who are planning to help send me on my way to my very own white padded cell, but I think it's just that I've been playing games for most of my life and they are finally having an effect on me.

I therefore think that games should not only have an epilepsy warning, but should also be issued with a health warning reading:

if only for the sake of my sanity, which I believe to be fading fast. Now, where did that little bloke with the bomb go to.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.