GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HTML code help please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/01/07 at 17:54
Regular
"just asking"
Hi everyone,

Please can I ask this one again, still struggling but have found the pieces (I think) to bolt it all together.

To make a button (I designed & uploaded) open a new window, please can some one arrange the code below, I am now stuck.... :o(

Click here

onclick="window.open('http://(S)www.mywebsite.com/(S) downloads/ audio_book.xls')">

(S) being the 70 character rule space from Freeola)

Thank you in advance, greatly appreciated.
Fri 02/02/07 at 17:20
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Hi Simon,

Just looked at your site "try this" and thought, oh he's coming on leaps & bounds using DW rollovers.

Then noticed the Co logo who built it 'FD', tell them to have the link to there site as an _blank as it takes visitors away from your site.

I want to claim the the 5 series BMW 'yours to keep' from your site. Please contact me to arrange delivery ;-) .

Dan
Wed 31/01/07 at 16:10
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Glad to have helped, I am also self taught - 7 years and still learning, so still don't know everything.

If you are online and see a website you like, a transition, effect, layout etc. View the source code and see how it has been done, by doing this it will teach you to look at the coding and see the relevant areas then you can build upon it.

Works for me, keep on trying.

Dan
Tue 30/01/07 at 07:43
Regular
"just asking"
Hi Dan,

thank you for answering my question again, this now works a treat. Sorry if I am not too clear on the subject but I am being slowly self taught. I thought I would ask again rather than not understand.

Regards

Simon
Sun 28/01/07 at 19:53
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Simon,
I was under the distinct impression that I and others answered this for you previously in:

Link to your last request & answers to

However I will try again. Insert a table on your webpage at 100% width, view source code and between the HERE amend it to say:

click here for a service for your Website

You don't have to specify a size, it will open in a full page with:

click here for a service for your Website

Tadah that's it, try it.

Dan
Sun 28/01/07 at 17:54
Regular
"just asking"
Hi everyone,

Please can I ask this one again, still struggling but have found the pieces (I think) to bolt it all together.

To make a button (I designed & uploaded) open a new window, please can some one arrange the code below, I am now stuck.... :o(

Click here

onclick="window.open('http://(S)www.mywebsite.com/(S) downloads/ audio_book.xls')">

(S) being the 70 character rule space from Freeola)

Thank you in advance, greatly appreciated.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.